Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: 2nd BODY ARMOR GROUP BUY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert1976 View Post
    will these plates fit in any tactical carrier vest or is every carrier different enough that the plates will move around to much? first time delaing with armor and tactical gear like this .
    Depends. there are some other carriers that will accomodaye these smaller plates. These plates are also not as thick as the ceramic plates out there. these are roughly 1/2 an inch in thickness. Some guys just buy the plates, but many bought the one from BCS. Roughly 70% of the guys bought the BCS carrier in the first group buy. Only 50 carriers are being offered in the second group buy, but individually, they can be purchased from BCS, outside of the group buy. I suggested to some buyers to buy the plates and then research the PC. Personally I don't think that is necessary. Check out the BCS low profile carrier.

(Cambria County)

Will these be sent out when we order them, or, are they all going in as one big group and we will have to wait on getting them?

Also, if before this closes, I would decide I wanted side panels, would I be able to order them after placing my initial order as long as the Group Buy is still open?
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    Will these be sent out when we order them, or, are they all going in as one big group and we will have to wait on getting them?

Also, if before this closes, I would decide I wanted side panels, would I be able to order them after placing my initial order as long as the Group Buy is still open?
    All orders will ship once the buy is complete. If you want the panels get them now!!!!!!! Changes to orders add to the processing time and could delay your order from being shipped and fulfillment of the order. It also makes it more difficult for the vendor to track the orders in this GB.

Renov8

(Delaware County)

Have 40 plus sets listed still.

These sets are well made and will last a lifetime.

(Delaware County)

Please review the first post on this thread for info on how to go about getting in on this Body Armor Group Buy.

Any questions, just ask.

(Allegheny County)

Order: #2389

(Delaware County)

Hey guys,

Still have 40 plus sets looking for a home. In these uncertain times a little extra protection at a very reasonable cost can buy some peace of mind.

Please review the info contained in the link on the first post of this thread.

These plates are second to none.

Renov8

(Monroe County)

Can you tell me exactly in oz(ounces) how much these plates EACH weigh?(with the skins) AND WITHOUT?

hope to hear back from you soon.
    Last edited by brian1313; February 7th, 2013 at 08:22 PM.

(Monroe County)

http://www.nij.gov/nij/pubs-sum/223054.htm

2.4 Type III (Rifles)
    Type III hard armor or plate inserts shall be tested in a conditioned state with 7.62 mm FMJ, steel jacketed bullets (U.S. Military designation M80) with a specified mass of 9.6 g (147 gr) and a velocity of 847 m/s ± 9.1 m/s (2780 ft/s ± 30 ft/s).
    Type III flexible armor shall be tested in both the “as new” state and the conditioned state with 7.62 mm FMJ, steel jacketed bullets (U.S. Military designation M80) with a specified mass of 9.6 g (147 gr) and a velocity of 847 m/s ± 9.1 m/s (2780 ft/s ± 30 ft/s).
    For a Type III hard armor or plate insert that will be tested as an in conjunction design, the flexible armor shall be tested in accordance with this standard and found compliant as a stand-alone armor at its specified threat level. The combination of the flexible armor and hard armor/plate shall then be tested as a system and found to provide protection at the system’s specified threat level. NIJ-approved hard armors and plate inserts must be clearly labeled as providing ballistic protection only when worn in conjunction with the NIJ-approved flexible armor system with which they were tested.

ANYWAY YOU CAN GET A VIDEO SHOT WITH THESE STANDARDS? JUST WISH THEY SAID THE LOAD OF THE 308, BULLET WEIGHT, VELOCITY.
    Last edited by brian1313; February 6th, 2013 at 01:30 AM.

(Delaware County)

This group buy is going to come to an end at the end of next week. That would be February 15th.

If you want in on this buy, please read the first post of the thread and get your orders in. We only have 100 sets and they are going pretty quick.

The coupon code for the group buy will be located in the first post as well.

Renov8

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast