Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Erie County)

Default Western PA - Holsters?

Can anyone point me towards some stores on the western side of PA that have a large selection of holsters? I drive from Erie to Pittsburgh every few months and am looking for some more holsters mostly for my 1911 and the S&W J frame my wife is getting in the next month or so.

I don't personally mind shopping online but my wife really wants to actually try some of the holsters on first.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Western PA - Holsters?

Ace Sporting goods in Washington Pa has a good selection of holsters.
    Ace Sporting Goods

(Allegheny County)

Anthony Arms in West Mifflin
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Washington County)

For a large selection of holsters, I'd also suggest Ace Sporting Goods in Washington and Anthony Arms in West Mifflin. Of the two stores though, I'd be more inclined to recommend Anthony Arms over Ace, by the amount of holsters they have and also the wide variety.

Anthony Arms is located closer to the Pittsburgh area, but Ace is only a short drive down I-79 (about 20 minutes from the I-279 interchange). If you think you might want to venture down to Ace, feel free to send me a PM and I can give you directions on how to get there once you get off I-70/I-79. If you do that though, I just might be sending you over to Cabela's In West Virginia too

If you ever make it out to one of the group shoots, I've heard that A & S Indoor Pistol Range in Youngwood has a nice selection of holsters. It's kind of located in the group shoot area, but kind of not, so I guess it just depends on if you're able to find holsters elsewhere.
    I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. -- Susan B. Anthony, July 1871

(Mercer County)

The Gander Mountain right in your hometown has a decent selection of holsters. Also, if you head south from the Mill Creek Mall on 99 check out Bob's just outside McKean. I personally don't care for the shop (long story), but he has a nice selection. Plus there is Edinboro Outdoors in downtown Edinboro. Nice guys there to deal with. I highly recommend the place.

Next trip to Pittsburgh, slip off I-79 at the New Castle exit (Rt. 422) and head west about 5 miles to Duke's Sport Shop on the right hand side of Rt 422. Nice shop, with quite a few holsters. Even open on Sundays.

reakin

(Allegheny County)

for holster selection ... Anthony Arms is far better with what they have in stock
    |Sig P320| Sig 556 Classic|Zastava M57|Glock 42|Custom 300 AAC Blackout|

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by reakin View Post
    The Gander Mountain right in your hometown has a decent selection of holsters. Also, if you head south from the Mill Creek Mall on 99 check out Bob's just outside McKean. I personally don't care for the shop (long story), but he has a nice selection. Plus there is Edinboro Outdoors in downtown Edinboro. Nice guys there to deal with. I highly recommend the place.

Next trip to Pittsburgh, slip off I-79 at the New Castle exit (Rt. 422) and head west about 5 miles to Duke's Sport Shop on the right hand side of Rt 422. Nice shop, with quite a few holsters. Even open on Sundays.

reakin
    I'll check out Duke's then in a few weeks.

I've been to Gander, Bob's and Edinboro. Gander has 1 Bianci minimalist and a couple nylon holsters from Uncle Mike and another maker for the 1911. Bob's had pretty much the same + a few shoulder rigs but again in nylon. Edinboro didn't have anything that fit a 1911 unless it was nylon again.

I suppose it isn't unusual for shops not to stock a large number or variety of holsters unless it is a speciality store. Markup isn't likely to be great and items could end up sitting on the shelf a long time.

It would be nice to find a place with a selection of Bianci, Galco and some others though rather than just start ordering off the net and filling a drawer up with holsters that don't suit me or my needs.

(Mercer County)

stop by and see me in Hermitage at Elite Firearms. I stock over 150 holsters for almost any type of gun.

(Allegheny County)

Sportsman Warehouse is right on 279 North of Pittsburgh and has a real goos selection of holsters at good prices.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Chester County)

Have you been to Grice Gun Shop? www.gricegunshop.com

It's in Clearfield, largest gun shop in PA.