Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default HB 239 Firearm registration w/ a 10 tax per firearm per year - Rep Cruz -2013 effort

Firearm registration w/ a 10 tax per firearm per year -HB 239 Rep Cruz - introduced Jan 23, 2013

HB 239 is basically HB 760 from the 2007-2008 session.

Read here of past effort and how it got squashed hard by PA gun owners

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/464...ntroduced.html
    10 tax per firearm per year - HB 760 reintroduced

This BELOW was the 2007 anti-gun summary of HB 760 from the Allegheny County Sportsmen’s’ League (ACSL) and with a quick review seems to be HB 239 text once again with a new bill number slapped on by the LRB for 2013-2014 session
    HB 760 – ALL Firearms Registration Act. Note HB 760 is a DEAD BILL from a past session

INTRODUCED BY CRUZ, YOUNGBLOOD, PARKER, WHEATLEY, BENNINGTON AND CURRY

1) You are required to register all of your firearms with the PA state police, other than machine guns or “antique firearms”.

2) Beginning with, and every year after registration begins, you are required to submit or provide all the following personal information in your renewal application for every firearm you own:

- Your name

- Your home address

- Your business address

- Your telephone number

- Your birth date

- Your social security number

- Your age & citizenship

- The name, make, model, manufacture, caliber or gauge and serial number for

every firearm.

- Two passport sized photos taken less than 30 days prior to your renewal.

- $10 per firearm application fee every year.

- You also must submit your fingerprints to the PA state police.

3) If you are approved to continue to own your firearms, you will be issued an owner’s registration certificate with your photo, along with your other personal information, for each firearm. You must carry it at all times with that firearm, and you must show “your papers” to any police officer upon demand.

4) Your additional duties as a registered firearm owner:

- You must notify the state police within 48 hours of the loss, theft or destruction of a firearm, or the registration certificate for it.

- Any change of any information on the registration certificate must be reported within 48 hours.

- If you sell one of your registered guns or buy or transfer a firearm, you must notify the state police not less than 48 hours prior to delivery.

- You must return to the state police the original registration certificate for any firearm is lost, stolen, destroyed or disposed of with 48 hours.

5) You must keep any firearm in your possession unloaded and disassembled or bound by trigger lock or stored in a gun safe unless the firearm is in your immediate possession or under control at your home, your business, or while you are still allowed to use it in lawful recreational purposes.

6) The PA state police are empowered to make up any additional rules or regulations that they deem fit to allow you the privilege of keeping your registered firearms.

The proposed fee is only $10 per firearm, however expect future increases to fully administer all sections of this act. Also watch the summary offense for violating any section of this act change to a misdemeanor or a felony, with real jail time and a very large fine.

Read the text of HB 239 and consider the implications to you IF this concept would be passed into PA law.
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...type=B&bn=0239

To be honest with all of you
    In my Opinion for whatever its worth is.
    Take this warning to heart before going on offensive IF you choose to contact these sponsorship Reps

Realistically with ONLY 7 co sponsors to HB 239 even most of the hard core anti-gun Rep didn’t bother to add their names as sponsors. Because it’s not going to move this session unless some other tragedy comes to PA to sway LOTS of votes to pass this over the top proposal and have governor Tom Corbett sign this stuff as written in one bill.

If you wish to politely and civilly express your opinion about this bill here is the sponsors emails address.

Please stick to the facts rather than by foul mouth or threatening as this serves no useful function other than maybe someone opening up a possible criminal investigation on you for what you said that crossed the line.

IF you want to be nasty and personal, you are better OFF not bother to contact them if you can’t be at least civil with any correspondence to sponsors .

With that advise given said here are email address

acruz@pahouse.net; kboyle@pahouse.net; mbrownlee@pahouse.net; mcohen@pahouse.net; skinsey@pahouse.net; mobrien@pahouse.net; ryoungbl@pahouse.net;

Sponsors: To HB 239

CRUZ,K. BOYLE, O'BRIEN, BROWNLEE, KINSEY, COHEN and YOUNGBLOOD

Here was the late 2012 effort
    Firearm registration w/ a 10 tax per firearm per year - HB 2569 Rep Cruz -2012 effort
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...12-effort.html
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: HB 239 Firearm registration w/ a 10 tax per firearm per year - Rep Cruz -2013 eff

Saved for updates IF required to HB 239 status

otherwise I will delete
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Clarion County)

Default Re: HB 239 Firearm registration w/ a 10 tax per firearm per year - Rep Cruz -2013 eff

Thank you I missed this one.
    An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine!I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force,nor is it wise for such a person to expect it!
    Isaiah Ambrey
    If you think you have the right not to be offended. I suggest you promptly purchase a toe attachment and a twelve gauge. One time use is all that is necessary.

I have sent them a letter stating that I am opposed to this bill, and presenting a civilized request for clarification on the intended purpose and expected outcome of this bill. I asked them to keep in mind that as it stands it will not affect criminals or Federal/State/local government entities, leading to an incomplete database of firearms within the commonwealth and practically unenforceable laws.

Honestly, I think at this point in my life that politicians just feel they have to pass laws, lest they look as if they are not doing anything.

Any politician who is NOT passing laws all time or are actively working on removing useless and unenforceable laws will get my vote any time.

(Bucks County)

I will NOT comply.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Lehigh County)

isnt this just flat out illegal...???

I laugh at this type of b.s. i will happily call them and tell them to not only not suport this but even if it gets signed... i wont folow it period. and neither should u.. it would be against the law to do it.

article 21. premetion 18. Says firearms are NOT to be registered... period.

this is not up for debate.

i laugh at this kind of stupid stuff.. i cannot believe the arrogance of these criminals..

thanks 4 the update though i wil def be checking into it..

(Allegheny County)

Forget it...they can come take them.
    NRA Life Member