Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Demands/Values? .32 magnum revolvers

I have two revolvers sitting in a closet. I've looked around in stores and on- line and can't find too many like them and am trying to price them to possibly sell. I found a site for gun values but it was a paid site. Anyone have a subscription to a site or seen them in their area. I live in a Philly Suburb-Delaware County PA.

1-S&W 431PD-J frame 6 shot, .32 magnum, blue finish-excellent shape
    2- Charter arms, undercover, six shot, .32 magnum revolver blue finish. This is an older one from the earlier company, very good shape.
    Tim

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Demands/Values? .32 magnum revolvers

I picked up a LNIB S&W 431 about 2 years ago. Great gun.

Looking at completed auctions on gunbroker with bids 400-475 depending on condition.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Bucks County)

Looked on Gunbroker too.. For completed auctions that actually sold, $500 for NEW in original box $450 for another in Excellent condition (Seems high). I recently saw a similar .38 Air-weight with a Crimson trace laser pointer for a lot less at a local Gun Shop. It might have been a 5 shot though. What condition is your pistol? Does it have Laser sights?

For a Charter arms in used condition I would guess less than 1/2 the S&W.

Just my thoughts......your mileage may vary.

The S&W it looks like a great carry pistol. I might have to look for one!
    Last edited by Delkal; January 29th, 2013 at 09:50 PM.

(Delaware County)

Thanks for the replies.
    I was curious about this caliber -.32 magnum and bought a few pieces.
    I bought the Charter because I like the older ones made by the original company and have carried .38 versions in the past. A good "no-frills" carry piece.
    The S& W is nice and got it for wife but she doesn't like exposed hammer. The model 432pd has a covered hammer(like centennial model) but I have the 431pd .
    No laser on either. Charter has stock wooden grips. S& W has compact rubber grips-maybe hogue.
    Those prices on the sites are a lot higher then I thought. If I do decide to pull trigger don't know if I'll do gunbroker or just post for sale on this and other firearms forums I go to. If I do I'll have to get one of my kids photograph them.
    Tim

(Bucks County)

You have to be careful with Gunbrokers prices. A lot of times I have to shake my head and think something went for way too much.....but someone did buy it.

I guess when the whole country can look at something you can always find someone with more money than sense who needs it NOW. For many guns you can find it cheaper at a local gun shop if you have some patience. I have occasionally seen a deal on GB but they are rare.

Not sure what they charge in commission either so the amount you take home will be less.
    Last edited by Delkal; January 29th, 2013 at 11:22 PM.

(Delaware County)

There is a S&W 431PD on Gunbroker now for $425.

Concerning Charter Arms current .32 magnums. They are only 5 shot. In the old days they made a 6 shot version. The S&W 431PD is six shots.
    Tim

(Delaware County)

I have a S&W 432 which is the hammerless version. I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I think your major obstacle right now is the lack of any ammo out there, let alone .32H&R mag. I would say float it out there for $400 to $450 and see what happens, but if you get no bites, just wait until the panic dies down and try again.

Hokkmike Guest

Plenty of .32 locally.

Great caliber to shoot.

Highly underrated.

(Delaware County)

Not plenty(.32) online or the area I live!
    I like that 432PD. The few times I carried the 431PD I dropped it in a pocket and the 432PD with the Centennial style is more practical for this.
    I remember a thread about a small Taurus chambered for the .327 federal that was selling dirt cheap. Wish I had grabbed one now! Of course this was before everything shot up in price.
    Tim