Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: NO PISTOL PERMITS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

this is from bucks county sheriffs web site

How to Apply For a Concealed Weapons Permit in
    the County Of Bucks
    Until Further Notice: Due to the high volume of requests, no concealed weapons permit applications will be accepted after 3:30 pm.
    Applicant must be a Bucks County resident and 21 years of age.
    Applicant must have a current PA drivers license or PA identification card.
    If applicant’s license or identification card does not have their current address, and they have an updated card, then they must also provide a current utility bill with their present address.
    If applicant is a permanent resident alien or a resident alien, they must submit alien registration card (original), 90 days proof of residency (immediately prior utility bills, credit card statements, bank statements, pay stubs with current address, or health insurance statements). Also, resident aliens must provide a valid hunting license.
    Application must be completed in its entirety, including names, addresses and telephone numbers of two references (not immediate family).
    If applicant has ever been convicted of a misdemeanor one, a felony charge, crime of violence, drugs or any misdemeanor that is domestic related, they will be denied a permit to carry in the Commonwealth of PA.
    Permits:

• $19.00 License
    • $1.00 State Surcharge

I take this as they'll accept apps before 3:30pm.. they just reduced the time

link
    If You Need A Color In The Name Of Your Cause, You're The "RACIST" !

(Berks County)

FYI Berks is seeing a huge increase as well. My wife finally decided to get her LTCF after recent robberies near her work. We walked in and after the application he ran the PICS, took less than 10 minutes. He was very polite and showed us the stack he was processing. He said I will mail it to you as soon as possible,plan on 2 weeks. She received it in less that 7 days.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ACRblaze View Post
    FYI Berks is seeing a huge increase as well. My wife finally decided to get her LTCF after recent robberies near her work. We walked in and after the application he ran the PICS, took less than 10 minutes. He was very polite and showed us the stack he was processing. He said I will mail it to you as soon as possible,plan on 2 weeks. She received it in less that 7 days.
    I know of at least 10 people that never thought about getting a permit until the last yr they were not against guns they just personally didn't see the need for them to personally carry one

one of the guys I work with use to bust my nuts because I carry daily and have it locked in my locker while at work ( there is no way to get in my locker I reinforced it with 3/16" stainless steel plate before we start on safe storage ) now he carries daily and I just grin when I see him putting it in his locker the one who never had a need to carry now carries daily society is just to messed up not to want to protect your life and the ones you love also

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by tlgpa View Post
    .... Far more harm is done in this country by bad parenting than by gun accidents.
    Quoted for Truth.

Where's the rush to outlaw "high capacity genitalia" ?

(Wayne County)

It is my understanding that there is a problem with the program that handles the LTCF in Harrisburg. PICS is not down, or you would be hearing of the same problem at gun stores. Could be the constant high traffic of recent license applications and renewals has taken a toll.

Still no excuse for not having a backup system and being able to issue LTCF.
    Last edited by ohyeahfriday; January 29th, 2013 at 04:22 PM.
    "Freedom is our most precious commodity and if we are not eternally vigilant, government will take it all away. Individual freedom demands individual responsibility."

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ACRblaze View Post
    Yup, that's par for the course. Sheriff Weaknecht has made it relatively convenient for law-abiding Berks residents to obtain their LTCF. Last time I applied there was a line, but once the deputy called my name it took less than 20 minutes to have my permit approved. I would've walked out of there with my new LTCF if he hadn't run out of plastic for the laminator. He promised he'd process it and mail it to me, and I had it within 3 business days.

What some of these other Sheriff's offices are doing is lazy, complacent, and inexcusable.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Quote Originally Posted by Dports View Post
    lol im not saying anything about not issuing permits to anyone im for background checks to keep the guns out of people who are not allowed to own them

you are comparing marriage to guns totally different things here there is nothing wrong with a safety class it's not pass or fail it teaches you basic fundamentals of firearms which everyone should know, im not turning this into a debate of right and wrong here, im just stating that anyone can get a permit with no prior knowledge of using a gun " in my opinion they should have some kind of basic fundamentals "
    No. Absolutely not. It is a fundamental right even though in this state (and most others) they treat it as a privilege. Would you accept a training requirement before owning a gun as well? You can hurt yourself or someone else just as badly by misusing the gun at home as you can by carrying it. Also, by conceding that a training requirement is needed, it can be very easy to increase the training requirement and the cost over time to where only a few can afford it and even fewer want to go through the hassle. And that doesn't even bring us to the crux of the matter which is mandatory training HAS NO BENEFIT. Its a feel good measure with no positive gain. The only people that will benefit from the training are those that are responsible enough to seek out training on their own and those who will be responsible with their firearms. No amount of "training" is going to fix carelessness which is exactly what they say the training is for. Just because some instructor tells you "never to point the gun at something you don't want to destroy" or "don't put your finger on the trigger until your ready to fire" doesn't mean that your magically incapable of being careless or disregarding the safety rules. It always comes down to personal responsibility. If it didn't, then trained professionals would never have NDs.
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shisno View Post
    No. Absolutely not. It is a fundamental right even though in this state (and most others) they treat it as a privilege. Would you accept a training requirement before owning a gun as well? You can hurt yourself or someone else just as badly by misusing the gun at home as you can by carrying it. Also, by conceding that a training requirement is needed, it can be very easy to increase the training requirement and the cost over time to where only a few can afford it and even fewer want to go through the hassle. And that doesn't even bring us to the crux of the matter which is mandatory training HAS NO BENEFIT. Its a feel good measure with no positive gain. The only people that will benefit from the training are those that are responsible enough to seek out training on their own and those who will be responsible with their firearms. No amount of "training" is going to fix carelessness which is exactly what they say the training is for. Just because some instructor tells you "never to point the gun at something you don't want to destroy" or "don't put your finger on the trigger until your ready to fire" doesn't mean that your magically incapable of being careless or disregarding the safety rules. It always comes down to personal responsibility. If it didn't, then trained professionals would never have NDs.
    Agreed. There's no training requirement in PA because one shouldn't have to pay money or be trained to exercise a right.

Now, as a polite administrative reminder, let's keep this thread on-topic. Debating requirements for licensure was not the OP's intention; he wants to discuss what's up with the issuing authorities (Sheriffs) and why they seem to be stonewalling.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Here is whats up. The License To Carry "system" is down (ie: crashed) at the other end (PSP Firearms Division in Harrisburg) and has been like that since about noon yesterday. All 67 County Sheriff Offices are affected and most are posting similar signs. They cannot say when they will be back in service.

This system is the one required to be used to capture your photograph and signature digitally.

Berks and Lehigh counties will accept your application and put in into their process but you will be notified that you will be called to return to have your picture taken.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shisno View Post
    And that doesn't even bring us to the crux of the matter which is mandatory training HAS NO BENEFIT.
    This guy had mandatory training. Ummm no thank you to mandatory training.

"See this is an unloaded gun."
    "I'm the only one in this room professional enough to carry this Glock 40"
    "BANG! "

The right to bear arms isn't for hunting bear. Subliminal Messages

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast