Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Millers Gun Shop in Clinton County

I went to a place called Millers last night in Mill Hall (Clinton County) AFAIK. I picked up a S&W 36 used. The folks there were very nice but the prices were a little high. They have a big selection of rifles and shotguns but their handgun selection is skimpy and a lot of them were used. They were pretty disorganized, too (the handgun section). They were charging 560 for an XD-40 which I just picked up 4-5 months ago for ~450. I paid a little more than I would have liked for my Model 36 but I was hard pressed to get something to shoot while out of town and it was the cheapest at 270.

All in all, their prices are high because they're the only gun shop remotely close to me (non-chain) and handguns aren't in very high demand in that area.
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

(Centre County)

Default Re: Millers Gun Shop in Clinton County

I have been there a couple of times. Prices are too high for the most part and their service sucks. A buddy of mine found a rifle he wanted and had cash in hand and still could not get service and we were the only customers in the place. Another time I wanted to check out a pistol and waited for about 20 minutes before the guy behind the counter finished whatever paper work he was doing and let me handle it. They do have a large selection though.

I wanted to go there because I periodically pass through the area. Spoke with them on the phone. Super friendly guy, but my eyes bugged out of my head when he quoted me a price.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Centre County)

you have to remember that other things there are lower than some other prices. gunsmithing is not only cheaper there, but the guy really knows his stuff.

(Snyder County)

I agree with the high prices in there. They were asking more for an XD40 that I paid new. It was just crazy. They do have a lot of a lot of things. And they typically have more handguns than a lot of stores around. But just too pricey for me. I have only been in there a couple of times, but pass by it all the time.

As for the gun smithing, I have heard they do good work, but again the prices were a little high. I can get my stuff done by a gun down the street for less. I can't compare quality because I never had Miller's do any work.

(York County)

I used to run down to Millers when I was in highschool. I went in there one day to buy some crow decoys and a call-tape. While I was there, my buddy and I were checking out some guns. The guy behind the counter yelled at us "Are you guys going to buy anything or just look at guns all day?" I promptly put down my potential purchases and walked out...never been back. Prices were always high and I definitely didn't appreciate the attitude of the owner.

Alternate gun shop recommendation: National Sporting Goods in Jersey shore, and Troxell's Sporting Goods in Williamsport. Good service, good prices.

(Centre County)

i bought my old Beretta 92F/S Inox there a while back.
    Price was high. I knew that, but i could not find what I was looking for anywhere else, so i paid it.

But at least they were very knowlegeble and friendly there. and they do have huge selection...
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Clinton County)

Talking Re: Millers Gun Shop in Clinton County

I have been purchasing tons of outdoor equipment all of my life including firearms from handguns - turkey shotguns and longrange rifles. Millers gun shop including the family that owns and makes their living working in the shop is an awesome place to do your business if you like the small town personnal service that you get when you walk in the door. Knowledge of mechanics and equipment is tough to beat. Prices may be a tad high but not always and at least they know your name when you arrive. Want cheap prices - go to walmart. But they can't repair or build you a serious weapon there, now can they! Lucky if the person at the counter even heard of what you are looking for. Personnal service takes time to answer all of the questions involved and Phil (the owner) does a great job when it gets to be your turn. Reminds me of the service one would get in an old hardware store. But today everybody is in a hurry and wants something for nothing. It's simple you get what you pay for a Miller's. I have done business with them and many others for 36 years now and personnally I'm satisfied.

(Lycoming County)

well that sucks..id like to have gone there, I passed it going to the Penn State game the other day and thought is take a drive up but hearing high prices and being on a budget and looking for a used revolver...I guess I will just pass. No matter the service when you only have $300 to spend lol its still just $300 and high prices with only $300=doom