Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Help find clips for revolver extractor pins

I need 2 TINY little clips for my Regent .22 revolver. These were lost when my father decided to tear the gun apart to fix it. Well now it's fixed and I cant find any clips small enough. I thought about inserting the two pins and crushing the heads to keep them in there. The clips have a tiny groove on the pin and they have to fit in a tiny space on the extractor. You can see the two pins and barely see the two clips in the picture I found below. Where can I get these or what else can I do to retain the pins in the extractor body?

Last edited by JoshIronshaft; January 28th, 2013 at 03:02 PM.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Help find clips for revolver extractor pins

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeSheepDog View Post
    I need 2 TINY little clips for my Regent .22 revolver. These were lost when my father decided to tear the gun apart to fix it. Well now it's fixed and I cant find any clips small enough. I thought about inserting the two pins and crushing the heads to keep them in there. The clips have a tiny groove on the pin and they have to fit in a tiny space on the extractor. You can see the two pins and barely see the two clips in the picture I found below. Where can I get these or what else can I do to retain the pins in the extractor body?

Try Brownells or Numrich gun parts schematics. I actually got parts for a old Dan Wesson revolver that were new old stock from them (Numrich). If that dosent work get a micrometer and mic out the clips and look at places like McMaster Carr online. Small stuff like that is used in a lot of places like the R/C industries. Hell they even looks simmilar to the clips holding in place my FCG pins in my AR trigger kit.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Washington County)

On the Numrich website, the part I need is #42 - Guide Ring. Sold out. Nothing at Brownells. I know it is smaller than the smallest 1/8" retaining rings they sell on McMaster.

In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Beaver County)

This website lists an e-ring down to .040. That's about 1/3 of an 8th.

http://www.saeproducts.com/retaining-rings.html
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

The End of Josiah's Railroad, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

You could always ask a local machine shop if the regular channels don't work.

(Monroe County)

(Washington County)

Thanks for the leads guys. My local gun smith told me to check with Jack First also.

(Erie County)

I know I have seen clips that small at the Ace Hardware when I got new hardware for my Harley.
    They were the cheapest for stainless Allen Head bolts that HD just loves to use. Check any well stocked hardware store in your town.

(Washington County)

I already went to Ace and tried the smallest E-clips and snap rings I could find which were super tiny but not small enough.

(Allegheny County)

http://www.metricmcc.com/products/no...-and-rings.htm

We use this place at work, couple types of clips there.

ETA: http://mdmetric.com/prgde3b.htm#fasteners

Check here also
    Last edited by Vexxus21; January 29th, 2013 at 10:48 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast