Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Angry Intuit actively cancelling firearms related businesses

I received the below from Intuit in response to my question. I have been a loyal customer for over a decade. No longer. Please spread the word.
    =================

Hi Frank, thanks again for reaching out. Thank you for your comments. We continue to process face-to-face
    transactions of firearms sales. Consistent with industry practice, we are unable to process online credit card transactions for certain highly regulated businesses, and end those relationships when we become aware of
    them.
    In accordance with our policy and agreements with our financial
    institutions, we notified customers selling non-face-to-face firearms (e.g. online) that we will not be able to provide ongoing service. It is not a value judgment as to the nature of the business, but an assessment of risk profile, and other types of businesses fall under this stipulation as well. For more information, please refer to http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com...icles/INF18875 or our merchant agreement, which you can find
    here:http://intuitpayments.com/legal#merchant."
    Thanks, Aliza
    Why Was My Application Declined?
    support.quickbooks.intuit.com
    A Merchant Account can be declined after being reviewed by our Underwriting team. Here are a few of the most common reasons for a declined application.
    "...The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded...It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force."
    Marko Kloos 2007

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Intuit actively cancelling firearms related businesses

I hate quick books to begin with, unfortunately there's not many other good options for small/medium sized businesses, and they know that.
    "you cant fight zombies with good intentions"

My Feedback:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/98731-cmr076.html

Default Re: Intuit actively cancelling firearms related businesses

It is not a value judgment as to the nature of the business, but an assessment of risk profile, and other types of businesses fall under this stipulation as well.
    Really? How would you even fathom that assuming somebody made an illegal sale their accounting software would be held liable? I'd like to know what other types of businesses they think fall under this category. Drug dealers?