Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Pike County Meet-Greet-and-Eat

UPDATE 22 FEB: DUE TO WEATHER AND LACK OF CONFIRMATION REGARDING WHO CAN ATTEND, THIS MEET WILL BE PUSHED BACK TO EITHER 2 OR 3 MARCH.

EDIT: Tentative date for the range meet-greet-eat is 23 Feb @ 10 AM at SGL 183 on Route 6. Rain date is 2 March. After the range session, we all head down to Apple Valley in Milford for lunch.

I think it's high time that we Pike County folks get to know each other a bit better. Screen names are nice, but that won't help you when the JBTs come pounding at your door.

I propose the following: CC or OC meet and greet at a Pike Co. restaurant to be determined on a Saturday or Sunday. Bring the spouse, mistress (or both) plus the kids. We got suggestions from another thread for meeting at the future Taco Bell in Matamoras or the Apple Valley in Milford.

Let's try to start small... 3-5 like minded 2A supporters. If more than that shows up, then we'll just have to order another pitcher.

If you want to shoot afterwards, we can always skip the beer and keep to pop. Head our way over to 183 and waste money, or if there happens to be a member of the Matamoras gun club in our midst, perhaps they'd feel generous and bring us as guests.

Either way, I figured I'd start a thread and see if there was any interest in such a gathering. I know I'm down for it. How about you?
    Last edited by amstel78; February 22nd, 2013 at 04:31 PM.

(Pike County)

Default Re: Pike County Meet-Greet-and-Eat

I'd be in depending on my work schedule

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by AirportFF View Post
    I'd be in depending on my work schedule
    Cool. I assume you work during weekends? Let's wait for others to chime in and see how things pan out.

(Pike County)

I do 24hr shifts every other day.... it's the most confusing schedule on the planet

(Pike County)

id be in ,,sat or sun are good days for me ,,

(Pike County)

I would be down, I am off from work on Friday's and Saturday's.

(Wayne County)

Thank you for starting another thread, I do feel this topic deserves it's own "home" I personally would push for a Sunday event, it really is the only day that works for me. I was just talking about this with some close friends tonight after dinner and as long as schedules work, I can guarantee 4 of us coming down from Wayne Co.

I guess the next important question is do we confront "management" of the location before we arrange this and show up with a dozen people OC/CC? My first thought was Apple Valley but NathanB mentioned a burger joint that google says is in Matamoras, any other suggestions?

Lets pick a place and time, we have been like minded strangers for too long.
    "Freedom is our most precious commodity and if we are not eternally vigilant, government will take it all away. Individual freedom demands individual responsibility."

(Pike County)

Maybe just CC the first trip? Then speak with the owner. That way you could show the owner/manager how much money can go into their pockets before people start showing up with weapons displayed. Even if the owner is gun friendly, their other customers may not be.

(Pike County)

I would like to attend if I can- I like the idea of a group shoot.
    It would be a nice early spring activity.

(Pike County)

My suggestions from past pike meet-n-greets i have done. First find a firearms friendly place. Not a good thing to show up, and be told to leave. When numbers of folks show up armed, business owners get nervious. So a nice prompt heads up is good to do. let them know, this could bring 10-50 LAW ABIDING residents to spend $money$ at their place. Money talks, the staff should also be givin the heads up.

Location, A place like Taco bell, check their company policy. This one by walfart is in super slow gear... Never saw a place go so slow in construction .
    But HONESTLY, find a privatly owned place. Support the local little guy as much as possible. Taco bell , mcD's etc are all corparate stores per say. So they need to follow the corporate policy. A place like Apple Valley, river rock, the grill etc. are private owners. The benifit of also going to a locally owned place, they are our neighbors and will usually go the extra mile to serve you.

Do a sign up list.
    Once folks commit you will have a general number of folks. This is good to have when talking to the food establishment. Numbers equal dollars, they need to know in advance about how many folks to feed. Figure if 40 folks sign up, about 7 will not make it due to last minute issues.

The last meet-n-greet I did we had about 37 folks attend. The resturaunt owner made a lunch specials menu for us. And you could also order off the regular menue as well.

I am planning on a BBQ/group shoot for the next one, hopefully this spring. Its in the works...stay tuned....

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast