Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Pike County Meet-Greet-and-Eat

Quote Originally Posted by CliffB View Post
    I'd be in for a Saturday anytime. Probably find a few others as well. I've been in Apple Valley with as many as 10 OC'ers with no problem. Turned a lot of heads and most likely some comments were made to management but we're always welcomed. Manager even bought a round one time and the owner is very gun friendly. Same goes for The Grill in Matamoras. Snert has put on some very good get togethers maybe he could get us in to the place in his community, great pizza and burgers.
    unfortunately mark is no longer there at the chatterbox. the HOA did not renew his contract. hes working at Ray and charles deli now.

(Pike County)

On another note, I'll be contacting Sheriff Beuki's office this week too ask for clarification of a statement attributed to him in the Jan. 17th Pike County Dispatch. It said " Any type of drunkenness or obscene behavior or valid complaints from citizens that you are abusing that permit, it will be revoked" I may agree to the drunk and obscene part but the citizens complaint resulting in revocation I disagree. More troubling to me is that the article went on to claim "he said that if you get caught in a bar with a weapon you are now talking severe penalties". As far as I know the law regarding carrying in a bar has not changed and we are not prohibited but maybe his personal opinion has changed. I'm hoping he was misquoted.
    Would you happen to have a link to this article?

(Pike County)

I'll try and scan it and post it here. When I went to the Dispatch site last week it said for the whole story buy the paper, no link.

(Pike County)

On another note, I'll be contacting Sheriff Beuki's office this week too ask for clarification of a statement attributed to him in the Jan. 17th Pike County Dispatch. It said " Any type of drunkenness or obscene behavior or valid complaints from citizens that you are abusing that permit, it will be revoked" I may agree to the drunk and obscene part but the citizens complaint resulting in revocation I disagree. More troubling to me is that the article went on to claim "he said that if you get caught in a bar with a weapon you are now talking severe penalties". As far as I know the law regarding carrying in a bar has not changed and we are not prohibited but maybe his personal opinion has changed. I'm hoping he was misquoted.
    I too hope he was misquoted although I agree with the D&D bit. Even if you're not carrying, D&D is a valid complaint.

Good luck getting in touch with Bueki. I emailed him several weeks ago and got no response with regards to my inquiry on the same article. I'm sure his office has been inundated with new LTCF apps though. Perhaps it's better to call or see him in person? Either way, let us know how you pan out.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by xtcjpr13 View Post
    i dont agree with this. if you cant find a gun friendly place, keep looking, dont just give up and cc.

that said i am usually available on weekends
    To each their own. I CC pretty much all the time. Personally, I find no reason to draw unwanted attention to myself, especially given the current political climate. I've seen enough crap in my short lifetime to warrant me a pacifist I suppose, so I try to avoid conflict as much as possible. OTOH, I'm vocal enough with politicians and those who'd like to hear my side of the argument, thus see no reason to discomfort others who may not share the same perspective.

I'll gladly OC in a place that will welcome me without discrimination however, so if someone here finds a restaurant or venue that doesn't mind, then I don't mind OC'ing.

(Lackawanna County)

Maybe we should invite the good sheriff to lunch on us and get his ear for a few minutes

(Wayne County)

I'd be in for a Saturday anytime. Probably find a few others as well. I've been in Apple Valley with as many as 10 OC'ers with no problem. Turned a lot of heads and most likely some comments were made to management but we're always welcomed. Manager even bought a round one time and the owner is very gun friendly. Same goes for The Grill in Matamoras. Snert has put on some very good get togethers maybe he could get us in to the place in his community, great pizza and burgers.
    Was this during the week when there was less business? I stopped yesterday and the manager didn't even come out to talk to me, just had the gal at the front desk tell me I would have to talk to the owner and leave a name /number to call. I just got a call back from Steve and he said that he has his LTCF and even though he usually carries at all times he prefers that customers conceal. Of course the reason given is that some other customers become uneasy/alarmed...
    "Freedom is our most precious commodity and if we are not eternally vigilant, government will take it all away. Individual freedom demands individual responsibility."

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by ohyeahfriday View Post
    Was this during the week when there was less business? I stopped yesterday and the manager didn't even come out to talk to me, just had the gal at the front desk tell me I would have to talk to the owner and leave a name /number to call. I just got a call back from Steve and he said that he has his LTCF and even though he usually carries at all times he prefers that customers conceal. Of course the reason given is that some other customers become uneasy/alarmed...
    Haven't been there since around Thanksgiving. Too bad. I guess he's become one of the sheeple.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by amstel78 View Post
    To each their own. I CC pretty much all the time. Personally, I find no reason to draw unwanted attention to myself, especially given the current political climate. I've seen enough crap in my short lifetime to warrant me a pacifist I suppose, so I try to avoid conflict as much as possible. OTOH, I'm vocal enough with politicians and those who'd like to hear my side of the argument, thus see no reason to discomfort others who may not share the same perspective.

I'll gladly OC in a place that will welcome me without discrimination however, so if someone here finds a restaurant or venue that doesn't mind, then I don't mind OC'ing.
    not at all an oc vs cc debate. i just got the impression that if you could not find a gun friendly place, you would chose to cc in a non gun friendly place, and while i can agree to disagree on a oc vs cc discussion, i can not it that was the case!

(Pike County)

Why don't we get some sammiches and just meet at the range

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast