Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Re: Pike County Meet-Greet-and-Eat

Another option we should consider is the diner in Milford, they have good food too. The only issue is if we go on a Saturday or Sunday it might be crowded and the place isn't too big. However I am sure if we called ahead we could reserve some tables.

(Pike County)

I'm out of work these days, I'm in.

(Carbon County)

snert said it right, i have seen these meet and greets where a bunch of gun toters go in un announced to the big chain places and the next day they have a sign that says no fire arms. if you really want to have a meet and greet you dont have to prove a point with 20 people open carry, it just makes people nervous and unless you call before hand, it could ruin things for people in the future that frequent a place. i am not against open carry at all, but if i was a buisness owner, i wouldnt want 5 or 6 guys walk into my bar just for the reason that if just 3 people see it and say to themselves, im not coming back to this place...i lost customers that came in a few times a week, vrs 6 guys with guns that came in once and never came back. believe me, i live and breath guns and peoples rights, but in private buisnesses, i have respect for the owners and wont open carry. out in public is a different ballgame, its open carry time.

(Pike County)

Hello everyone I would like to attend and she who must be obeyed would also tag along.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by xtcjpr13 View Post
    i dont agree with this. if you cant find a gun friendly place, keep looking, dont just give up and cc.

that said i am usually available on weekends
    I agree with your sentiment, as much as I may like one place or another, if they don't support me, I won't support them. There are plenty of places to eat within a 30 minute drive, I see no need to settle. I for one like Coras in Hawley and if there are some locals up this way, I would like to get together there some time as well but I have not yet addressed OC with them(I normally CC). I meant to stop in to Apple Valley on my way home today but with the weather, I just kept heading north. If I have time tomorrow after work I can try and stop in.
    "Freedom is our most precious commodity and if we are not eternally vigilant, government will take it all away. Individual freedom demands individual responsibility."

(Pike County)

I have oc'ed in Apple Valley before, but I don't think anyone noticed.

(Wayne County)

There is a big difference between being accepted and going unnoticed. It is easy enough for one guy to walk in and go unnoticed, but if there are a dozen of us and half are OC'ing, a scene is more likely to be created especially "in town" and during the weekend when there are typically more critters from NY/NJ present.

vic2367: Sat or Sun
    LifeInPa: Fri or Sat
    ohyeahfriday:Sun
    indiandave: Sat
    NathanB: Fri or Sun
    gf45acp: Sun
    amstel78: Sat or Sun
    hgsw67: Sat or Sun
    Drgiggles1: whenever
    "Freedom is our most precious commodity and if we are not eternally vigilant, government will take it all away. Individual freedom demands individual responsibility."

(Pike County)

Add me to the list for either Sat or Sunday. I have some vacation time I need to burn off anyhow.

(Pike County)

I'd be in for a Saturday anytime. Probably find a few others as well. I've been in Apple Valley with as many as 10 OC'ers with no problem. Turned a lot of heads and most likely some comments were made to management but we're always welcomed. Manager even bought a round one time and the owner is very gun friendly. Same goes for The Grill in Matamoras. Snert has put on some very good get togethers maybe he could get us in to the place in his community, great pizza and burgers.

(Pike County)

On another note, I'll be contacting Sheriff Beuki's office this week too ask for clarification of a statement attributed to him in the Jan. 17th Pike County Dispatch. It said " Any type of drunkenness or obscene behavior or valid complaints from citizens that you are abusing that permit, it will be revoked" I may agree to the drunk and obscene part but the citizens complaint resulting in revocation I disagree. More troubling to me is that the article went on to claim "he said that if you get caught in a bar with a weapon you are now talking severe penalties". As far as I know the law regarding carrying in a bar has not changed and we are not prohibited but maybe his personal opinion has changed. I'm hoping he was misquoted.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast