Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Had to share Ruger LC 9

I usually don't get to excited about compact guns. I carry compacts becuase it's more comfy. I have some guns that felt pretty good right out of the box CZ 75, USP etc...none compare to my CTS but that is a whole different animal.

So anyway, I need a break form bed rest (flu) and decided to take a ride to Cabelas to look around at the bare shelves. When low and behold there sat a Ruger LC 9 that I had been hunting for. My initial idea was to buy it for my wife so she left my other jewels in the safe. A tad bit over priced but the lines were short so what the hell. I get it home and it just felt great in my hand, even better in my waist. What I like best is the narrow grip (resembles my 1911's) what I don't like is the fact it's 9mm. I know thats a different topic 9 vs 45 vs 357 etc but it just felt so right. After putting 100 rounds through it today I have decided it will be my summer carry gun. It is one of the best "point" shoot pistols I have ever owned and surprisingly the perceived recoil is minimal even with its smaller size.

Not sure exactly what it is but this is one hell of a little pistol. Ruger got it right!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Had to share Ruger LC 9

I bought one for my father, its a nice carry gun minus the 3 foot long trigger pull.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by AYOUNG View Post
    I bought one for my father, its a nice carry gun minus the 3 foot long trigger pull.
    Yes, it a long way back but not as bad as some other DAO pistols I've shot.

(Lancaster County)

I picked mine up about 2 years ago .. have never looked back

The trigger pull is heavy with a very long travel but i figure being that is my normal carry i know when im sqeezing the trigger. There is a company who makes some parts to lighten and shorten the trigger pull but for now im leaving mine be.

Size wise its near perfect for me. I carry in a blackhawk sleeve for IWB or a fobus paddle for OWB. comfortable and I usally forget i have it.

Only gun i like more for everyday is my Fiance's new Sig 238 .. but i get yelled out for taking it with out her permission lol
    An Armed society is a polite one

(Bucks County)

Nice to see some people out there who are a fan of this gun.

Personally I wasn't a fan...I bought it as something more comfortable to carry than my USPc, turns out I did a lot better investing in belts/holsters than a slim gun.

Can't say I had any failures with it though...even during the break-in period. Good luck guys!

LC9 is my EDC -- It eats everything I put through it. Almost as comfortable to carry as my P3AT

TJB
    Recoil Happens

(Allegheny County)

I've recently switched to the LC9 w/ Lasermax as EDC as well because of the concealability. Few concerns though, #1 of course being the '3 foot long' trigger pull. This made it incredibly difficult to zero in my laser, but I managed. I just really hope I don't have to sight it in again. Even shooting with regular sights the overly long trigger pull makes it a bit difficult and my groups aren't as tight as they should be, but guess I'll just need some more practice. I'd also like to look into the parts to lighten the trigger pull.

Secondly, having difficulty finding a good IWB holster for the gun especially since I have the Lasermax on it. Blackhawk #6 size seems to be suiting me for now, however it is a little too big and I can't get a very firm grip on the handle when going for the gun behind my right hip. I had a look at Blackhawk #5 holster but it just seemed waaaay too small esp. with the laser. I did pick up an Uncle Mikes #15 holster the other day but forgot how much I hate Uncle Mikes because the clip is too low on the holster and half of the gun sticks out of your pants. Any other holster recommendations?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by skeelo View Post
    I've recently switched to the LC9 w/ Lasermax as EDC as well because of the concealability. Few concerns though, #1 of course being the '3 foot long' trigger pull. This made it incredibly difficult to zero in my laser, but I managed. I just really hope I don't have to sight it in again. Even shooting with regular sights the overly long trigger pull makes it a bit difficult and my groups aren't as tight as they should be, but guess I'll just need some more practice. I'd also like to look into the parts to lighten the trigger pull.

Secondly, having difficulty finding a good IWB holster for the gun especially since I have the Lasermax on it. Blackhawk #6 size seems to be suiting me for now, however it is a little too big and I can't get a very firm grip on the handle when going for the gun behind my right hip. I had a look at Blackhawk #5 holster but it just seemed waaaay too small esp. with the laser. I did pick up an Uncle Mikes #15 holster the other day but forgot how much I hate Uncle Mikes because the clip is too low on the holster and half of the gun sticks out of your pants. Any other holster recommendations?
    I was checking out a crossbreed IWB but decided to go with an Old Faithful IWB kit (screw it together yourself) for a good bit less money. I think it was around $50 shipped with a coupon I found on another forum. I can't tell you if I like it because it hasn't arrived yet. The LC9 is my newest addition and will be my first CC handgun.

The old "I'm buying this one for my wife story"...if that's the case my wife would have 5 guns by now

(Adams County)

LC9 has become my EDC as well. The trigger is a love/hate affair, but its thin profile and ability to disappear IWB is beyond excellent IMO. Shorts and a T-shirt IWB in the summertime with zero issue. While it isn't as "fun" to shoot as my SR9C, it is enjoyable in it's own way. The trigger requires some adjustment time, but I feel it has made me an improved shooter with my other handguns. I'm also amazed at how this gun seems to absorb recoil with +P rounds as good or better than my 9C. It's such a soft shooter for its diminutive size/weight in my experience. I've run several hundred mixed rounds of Blazer Brass, Gold Dots, HSTs all without a hiccup. I trust it 100% and really enjoy carrying it over my 9C which is a fantastic gun in its own right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast