Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Open Carry Chester County

Open carry Lunch Sunday Feb 10th @ 3pm at Barnabys of West Chester. Dress professionally as we will be carrying ourselves as professionals. also if you have a retention holster please wear it.

(Chester County)

Are they OC friendly?

(Chester County)

Just my opinion only. Although you have the right to open carry I think it would leave a bad impression to the public. Mostly caused by the press. An in you face demo would be a negative to the NRA and our cause.

Like I said, just my opinion.

(Chester County)

How about an open carry in the Okehocking Preserve in Willistown Twp, Chester County. The park rules still have "No Firearms".

Guess it would be more of a preemption protest instead of a meet and greet.

Just a thought
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by dockromer View Post
    Open carry Lunch Sunday Feb 10th @ 3pm at Barnabys of West Chester. Dress professionally as we will be carrying ourselves as professionals. also if you have a retention holster please wear it.
    I'm in brother. But I just thought of something. There a part of the law that states something like, "while it is legal to Open Carry, there are certain times, it is not, like during a state of emergency." You must have an LTCF to carry during a declared state of emergency. I know for a fact we were recently under a declared state of emergency. Does anyone know if it has been lifted? I know you and I will be fine, but if someone shows OC'ing w/o an LTCF, they could get jammed up.
    Last edited by soccerdad; February 1st, 2013 at 01:31 PM.

(Chester County)

As far as being open carry friendly, I know some of you may agree and some may disagree but i sent an email to Barnabys as well as my contacts in the West Chester PD to let them know of our intent and meeting. I am still awaiting replies but will share them when i get them. As far as the negative response comment, I completely disagree. I personally feel the more the public sees law abiding citizens properly carrying and maintaining their weapsons and become educated on the truth about weapons, the more they will support our cause and realize how childish and uneducated they were. There will always be close minded and un educated people who dont care about anything but their crazy opinions.

(Delaware County)

I might be down for this. It's close and on a good weekend. Count me and my better half in.
    Junior

(Chester County)

If anyone has any OC cards or information pamphlets please bring them along. I am going to try and print some out.

(Chester County)

Also please do not use rear facing shoulder holsters.

(Lancaster County)

I think I'll be able to come. I'll probably bring the wife & kids with me too.

As far as open carry goes, I think I've clarified my stance on it a bit lately. Tactically, it may not be the best choice. There is a realistic chance of being targeted because of being visibly armed, and it also defeats the 'herd immunity' effect of not knowing who is or isn't armed.

However I strongly feel that OC has a number of strong social uses. Mainly to show non-gun owners that firearms can be a normal part of life and there is nothing 'bad' or 'scary' about them. Also that gun owners are everyday, average people... not the 'redneck gun nuts' that everyone wants to seem to believe we are. Dispelling the myths of guns and gun ownership and trying to normalize is are, in fact, very important things we should be doing as gun owners to state our case. The way I see it, we've got a very small segment of the population who actively want to take out 2nd amendment rights away and won't be swayed with any amount of truth. Obviously, there's a decent percentage of people who are familiar and comfortable with guns, but there's a large number of people in-between who have nothing to base an opinion on but the experiences they've had, namely movies and media reports, which as we all no do not show guns or gun owners realistically or favorably. For instance, I guarantee a large number of people who support AWB do not know what an 'assault weapon' really is and that they are functionally no different than many hunting and sporting rifles. They only know that they are told that 'assault weapons' are evil killing machines and they believe that. These are the people we need to reach and show them the reality of the situation, and in my opinion open carry is a very effective way to do that.
    ~Daniel

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast