Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Glock Indecision

I'd like to get some opinions on my next Glock purchase. I want a 45 caliber Glock that I will carry. I mainly OC so concealment isn't much of an issue.
    Here is the deal, I'm down to either the full size G21 45acp or the compact G38 which is the 45 GAP cartridge. I know the GAP isn't popular and as such ammo may not be readily available. I can live with that and stock up when I find it etc.

Currently I carry a G19. I love this gun. It feels like it was custom made for me, size, weight, balance. I'm strongly leaning towards the GAP. The G30 and 36 have a short grip that I can't get used to and don't like

I started thinking since I open carry I could just go with the G21 and have the good ol American Legend. It would have to be the SF frame, I don't have small hands but the regular frame is just about nearing too thick. But I also have 1911s and other than buying just because that's what gun guys do, well, I could carry one of those. It's been awhile but the G21 dwarfs a 1911 quite a bit doesn't it? A pretty big gun to carry, even oc right?

So yeah, I'm really thinking G38 for my next Glock and other carry piece. Any monumental reason why I shouldn't and should pick the 21? Humor is welcome, it's late, can't sleep, bored and decided to post a thread. Have at it

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Glock Indecision

I'd say 21sf. Don't get me wrong you can still find 45 gap
    http://m.sportsmansguide.com/BrowseI...121&c=95&s=931
    That was the first place I checked and they do have some. But not in bulk.

I just don't see any reason to pick gap over the much more available acp. But as you said ammo is not your main concern, but I'd still say 21sf as long as it fits you.

I really wish glock would make a 19/23 size in 45 acp. I just had this convo the other day I don't know what their waiting for. I'd be all over one if they released it.

(Monroe County)

Wait for the new Glock 30s

(Lancaster County)

If they made a 45acp in the compact size like the 19 or 23 I'd be all over it as well and wouldn't even bother with GAP. I just don't like the stubby grip of the 30. That half inch makes a huge difference to me

(Northampton County)

I like that the 30s has a thinner slide, but I still don't like glock subcompact flavor.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    I'd like to get some opinions
    Looking at your screen name, I'd wonder why the G20/G29 isn't already on your hip...

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ragequit View Post
    Looking at your screen name, I'd wonder why the G20/G29 isn't already on your hip...
    I have a G20. My heart is with my Delta Elite that I foolishly sold, that was my carry gun back in the day.

I CC a 21, so you should have no problem if you plan on OC. I love my 21 by the way, but actual prefer shooting the 30 and I have big hands. This whole thread just goes to show that each of us like what we like. Good luck in your decision making.
    Jules

(Berks County)

I was just at Cabelas Friday and was surprised to see 3 used G21's in the case. You may want to check them out. Sorry, but I didn't check the price. (I have a G30sf and I'm a subcompact fan. All I need is a G29 and I'll be complete.) Used Glocks can be a real bargain.

Other than some 1911's, the pistol cases were pretty bare. The racks behind the counter were also quite bare, save a few hunting shotguns and rifles. No magazines on the shelves and no ammo on the shelves. They were cleaned out and it was only Friday.

(Allegheny County)

hello i CC a G20 daily but not lately been carrying my 27 my back been hurting from work!! im in the market for a 29 to carry as well right now when i can get a gen 4!!! u buy what u like but if u feel the 19 is a good size for you id say try the 32 out 357 sig!! can make some hot loads for that bad boy and same size as 23,19 i belive? just a thought!! but if u want a 45 then go 21..or buy just a slide for your 20!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast