Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default New Signs at PPD GPU

I went to the GPU to pick up my LTC it was a no go [but I won the argument, check out my thread "Philthy LTCF"]. When I was sitting down waiting I noticed a bunch of sign on computer paper. On every pillar and the door to the back office. I look closely and noticed they were police reports. There were three. One was about a 7 year old shooting his 8 year old sister accidently after finding a gun. Another was a boy shooting his brother after finding his grandfather's gun. The last was a kid having a ND after finding his mother's gun under he pillow. In typical PPD fashion they wrote on the paper in a marker "Secure your guns from kids!".

My guess this is to make people second guess getting a LTC or just make the people on the fence who are getting a LTC lean more towards the anti's or plain old just making gun owners feeling like A-holes.

(Cambria County)

Default Re: New Signs at PPD GPU

The country would be better served if there was a ban on the use of children as ammunition instead of so called "assault weapons"

(York County)

I don't think this is a bad thing. Some people need to be told certain things. Securing your weapon from children should be a no brainer, but some people just don't think about it on their own. A reminder that irresponsibility can have disastrous consequences is not a bad thing.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Caspian View Post
    The country would be better served if there was a ban on the use of children as ammunition instead of so called "assault weapons"
    +1 on this statement. The POS progressives, and anyone else of their ilk, use children as a "weapon" against us on a daily basis, and not just for 2A issues. They use "But think of the children" or "Its for the children" against us for everything from social issues to budgetary issues. It's sad if you really think about it. We allow "them" to use, and to manipulate, our "future" to use against all of us here and now in the "present". And they plan on doing the same to our children.... [rant over]

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ycshooter View Post
    I don't think this is a bad thing. Some people need to be told certain things. Securing your weapon from children should be a no brainer, but some people just don't think about it on their own. A reminder that irresponsibility can have disastrous consequences is not a bad thing.

Agreed. What, exactly, is negative about the message.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by ycshooter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WitsBusa View Post
    Agreed. What, exactly, is negative about the message.
    I agree with you guys. It just goes to show that if you do asshole stuff long enough, even when you try to do something good you're still an asshole. Don't be an asshole.
    Fortune fingers the fearless

(Cambria County)

there is nothing wrong with the message, I take issue with the way they present it. People have been way over using the "think of the children!!!" excuse lately.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Caspian View Post
    there is nothing wrong with the message, I take issue with the way they present it. People have been way over using the "think of the children!!!" excuse lately.
    Me neither, my problem with it is if they put it up in one spot I'd be fine with it. When your sitting down there, The only places to look to avoid seeing it was the ceiling or floor. That's over kill but "If it saves one child it's worth it"