Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Reply from Pat Meehan, House, District 7

I went back 12 pages, didn't see anything about Meehan. I'm not sure if he's responding to the fax that I sent to the office a couple weeks ago, or the e-mail that I sent about a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Meehan
    Dear Mr. So-And-So:

Thank you for contacting me regarding federal firearms legislation. I appreciate having the benefit of your views.

Like you, I was terribly saddened by the tragic shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, and the images of the victims still breaks my heart. I come to this debate after many years as a district attorney and U.S. Attorney who has prosecuted countless criminals for gun offenses. As U.S. Attorney, I spearheaded the Project Safe Neighborhoods program, which through tough, coordinated policing and federal prosecution of local gun crimes, we made a real dent over the entire region. Now, like back then, we need to put an emphasis on what works to keep guns out of the hands of criminals who would harm innocent, law-abiding people. The stakes are too high to pass legislation for its own sake that will not be effective.

As Congress begins to examine the President’s recommendations and others, I will be looking to support legislative proposals that meet two key tests: one, will it respect the constitutional protections of law-abiding citizens who have a right to defend themselves, and two, will it effectively curb gun violence or keep guns out of the hands of criminals. It is also correct to put a renewed focus on mental health, improving care for troubled young people, and the prevalence of violent movies and video games in our culture. I am ready to work with the President, Democrats and Republicans in Congress to take steps that will be effective in curbing gun violence. As this debate goes forward, please be assured that I will keep your views in mind.

Again, thank you for contacting me. For your convenience you can visit my website, www.meehan.house.gov, where you can sign up for my e-newsletter to receive regular updates about my work in Congress on your behalf.

Sincerely,
    Patrick Meehan
    Member of Congress
    Last edited by Suburban; January 25th, 2013 at 01:43 AM.
    Removed NRA Life Member pic. LaPierre and Chris Cox are ruining NRA.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Reply from Pat Meehan, House, District 7

Got the same form letter today. Typical politician response. These congressmen must run every two years. If he fucks this up and caves to anti's pressure, I will work hard to bounce him next cycle.

He's no better than Christie.. The R next to his name is for show only..

(Delaware County)

Pat's a great guy, He is with us!

(Chester County)

That was a good response. What do you want him to say. All you anti gun scum I am going to ignor your views.He probably uses that response for the other side as well.

As much as that would be my attitude he has to have some tact.

Lets see how these guys vote. Then you can sling mud all you want if they vote for bs laws.

(Delaware County)

Pat is a good guy! He knows how this works.
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Delaware County)

I got the same response today.

(Delaware County)

Now write him another letter, e mail, fax and mention Feinsteins bill in the Senate. Mention Lautenbergs bill and any other one that you don't liKE(ALL OF Them)

Keep the volume UP!!! I sent Casey a letter and Fax and haven't heard a thing from him, Toomey I got answer back same day.

Send them all a reminder about the 2nd amendment and demand they stay solid on their oath.
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

This is the part of all the responses we have received that proves they don't know thier job or place ;

"will it respect the constitutional protections of law-abiding citizens who have a right to defend themselves"

They all swear to protect the Constitution of the United States and they all should be saying...

will it respect the constitutional protections of law-abiding citizens who have a right to keep and bear arms.

Just goes to prove they don't know what they swore to protect!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by DiVinci View Post
    This is the part of all the responses we have received that proves they don't know thier job or place ;

"will it respect the constitutional protections of law-abiding citizens who have a right to defend themselves"

They all swear to protect the Constitution of the United States and they all should be saying...

will it respect the constitutional protections of law-abiding citizens who have a right to keep and bear arms.

Just goes to prove they don't know what they swore to protect!
    That is it right there. Most of the responses I see from politicians are worded to appeal to the largest possible section of voters. If you use certain words and phrases it makes you look better to both sides. Who would not be in favor of self defense? But there are many who don't belive we should bare arms. So much bullshit on both sides of the fence that is is hard to not get shitty boots.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast