Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Toomey AGAINST AWB

I just spoke w/ Senator Toomey's Allentown office. I asked that Sen. Toomey vote against any new gun control legislation.

The office staffer told me that Sen. Toomey has always been a strong supporter of 2A and they don't foresee him supporting an AWB.

Now I know this isn't absolute proof BUT on all the other occasions I called the office wouldn't say which way his was leaning.

Now if only Casey would vote our way.
    Last edited by DoubleSawbuck; January 24th, 2013 at 05:11 PM. Reason: clarification

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Toomey AGAINST AWB

good to know, casey will never vote against his master. he is an obama rubber stamp
    Gun control is not about guns, it's about CONTROL

Tried to get a Toomey staffer on the phone today just to be sure, it was impossible.

Surprisingly I got to Casey's people (which means you are not calling), and once again reminded them he was voted into office on a 2A platform and to oppose any gun/magazine bans. I doubt it will help, but even if we could get him to not vote or call out sick that day it would probably be a good thing.

We don't have to worry about Toomey but we do need to let him know we have his back. We need to keep the heat on Casey. I know Casey already let his wife make up his mind but he needs to know there is a lot of people that will not support him or anything he introduces if he votes for an AWB. We need to make him understand that we will support anyone that runs against him.
    But more importantly we need to call our Reps over and over again.

Sorry if I got off topic
    We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.-Benjamin Franklin

(Allegheny County)

We gotta work on Casey.

I suggest simutaneous rallies at all his Pa offices.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by 7998 View Post
    We don't have to worry about Toomey

Yes we do. We don't want any "deals". If Toomey and the rest of the Republicans (and even some Democrats) in the Senate stand together, they can thwart any legislation via filibuster. He needs to be reminded that he needs to take the politically incorrect stance and tolerate the media lynching he will get, and to remind the rest of the responsible Senators to do likewise. Anyone who chooses the Constitutionally correct stance will be supported, and those who do not, will end up like the Eastern Sports and Outdoors Show.

I can't believe I am saying this, but nothing can show my disdain for Casey better than the following statement. I have more respect for Feinstein than Casey. At least Feinstein's constituents know where she stands when they vote for her as Unconstitutional as her policies may be. No surprises there. Casey is a flip flopping turncoat who took the first opportunity to reverse his stance on a key issue that some pro gun people (not me) may have voted him in on.

I have zero respect for Casey. I will remember 6 years from now and make it a point to work on his opponents campaign. If he decides to run for a higher office, I will make sure to work on a campaign to do everything I can to keep him out of office.

Btw...please this is not to be read as I respect Feinstein, I do not.

Quote Originally Posted by rgkitchen View Post
    Yes we do. We don't want any "deals". If Toomey and the rest of the Republicans (and even some Democrats) in the Senate stand together, they can thwart any legislation via filibuster. He needs to be reminded that he needs to take the politically incorrect stance and tolerate the media lynching he will get, and to remind the rest of the responsible Senators to do likewise. Anyone who chooses the Constitutionally correct stance will be supported, and those who do not, will end up like the Eastern Sports and Outdoors Show.
    Keep dreaming, not in this climate. Its not how the game is played. Yes we are all sick of "the game" and no one wants to play games but it's just the way it is right now. Nor am I condoning the game. But for every contact I made to Toomey I've probably made 20 to Casey and Mikey Fitz and probably 10 to my PA Rep. and Senator.
    My point is we can all fantasize that Toomey is going to come out and say every American should own a machine gun and all the other senators will carry Toomey on their shoulders to rush off and pass said bill. But it's not going to happen.
    We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.-Benjamin Franklin

(Lebanon County)

I called the offices of both at lunch, asked if they were up on the ESOS situation, then said that we the sportsmen shut it down, and as long as they wanted a political future they would vote against any rifle or magazine bans, else don't expect to be voted in as dog catcher, better yet don't even come back to the Commonwealth.

Got told it would be passed on,

I called the offices today of Toomey and Casey and let them know that PA is one of the biggest gun owning states (with Hamburg Cabela's being the largest gun store in the entire world) and that if they vote for any gun control, they will be voting against their constituency.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast