Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: If you can afford a box of Ammo, you can afford an NRA Membership.

I signed up the day the president announced his official plans. Can't say I agree with everything they do and say, but I've got to back the best chance to influence this thing the right way.

(Butler County)

It's better for you to donate money directly to the NRA-ILA rather than membership if you merely want to "fight" the latest battle. Two reasons:

1. The money is used for political action in it's entirety. Only a small fraction of your membership dues are used this way.

2. They _will_ use the money you donate for this fight, so you can stop at any time. I suppose the same is true of your membership, but it's something to think about.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by pyld View Post
    It's better for you to donate money directly to the NRA-ILA rather than membership if you merely want to "fight" the latest battle. Two reasons:

1. The money is used for political action in it's entirety. Only a small fraction of your membership dues are used this way.

2. They _will_ use the money you donate for this fight, so you can stop at any time. I suppose the same is true of your membership, but it's something to think about.
    I agree, but power in number is always a good thing to have on your side too...so just sheer membership numbers gains clout

(Delaware County)

OK, here come the NRA plant.

I am sorry the NRA wasn't tough enough, and yes it used to represent hunters.
    But it is now comprised of a great mix of Americans, and together we can be stronger. The membership has changed, and continues to grow.

Be a member of the GOA, be a member of the SAF, be a member of your state association. But in this next fight, after Feinstein, Bloomberg, Boxer, Shumer, Bloomenthal and Biden drum up their base you will need to grow the membership and financial ability of the NRA.

I am always with the now 4.3 million pound gorilla. I was with her when she was 900,000 pounds and have seen many changes. I recommend you send as much as you can, this one will be a tough fight.

Like the original poster said, the membership is only 25 dollars, but I like to add, they will take more. (I give them 25 bucks a month.)
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Svickstc View Post
    Not the only game correct, but what others are putting as much skin in the game as the NRA?

The bottom line money/members is rule here and the NRA has plenty of both compared to the other organizations out there...

Is there politcal backing behind the scences of course...I dont think thats what this thread is about...

Its about a simple power in numbers push for memberships and support...25 bucks for a membership or 25 bucks for a box of ammo is what is being pushed here...
    +10 on this..I don't agree with everything the NRA does, I just recently joined as I knew gun owners must come together for our survival. I support all the other organizations as well but it is the NRA the Anti 's worry about.

The NRA recently touted about gaining 100.000 new members and IMO that was huge in the political arena. Why not consider it as a donation for our cause.

(Northampton County)

I just upgraded to the $300 NRA life membership today. Like someone else said in this thread, if you don't want to join the NRA, consider the GOA or NAGR or your state or local whatever. Or just donate. Numbers matter. Money matters even more. We need to be All In, period.

ALL IN. So you only hunt, don't own an AR, or pistol that has more than 10 rounds. Black powder muzzelloader your thing? That's OK because that is what you like. That's your choice and I respect that. But please stick with those of us who do own so called 'Assault Weapons'. The antis say it over and over, "We're not going to take your hunting gun away". says screaming at the top of his lungs "YOU DON'T NEED TEN BULLETS TO KILL A DEEEEEEER! Remember, the second ammendment is NOT about hunting, its about defending our country from external AND internal threats. They are doing the classic divide and conquer. I think that if they can get a AWB passed they will come for something else next. Like What? How about 'High Powered Sniper Rifles'. As with 'Assault Weapons', they can make 'Sniper Rifle' mean whatever they want. That tack driving Savage, Sako, Wetherby, Remington, etc in a 'high powered' chambering with a 'high power' scope you keep for hunting, now it's a 'Sniper Rifle'. Register it, background check or go to jail. When you die, it goes to the government, no inheritance for your kids. And that no inheritance thing, isn't that really just a long term confiscation scheme? But they aren't going to take our guns away. Right. Uh Huh. And so on to the next evil gun.

Some say this has no chance of passing. I think the gun banners are throwing everything at the wall to see what will stick. A magazine ban this year, ammo bans next and so on till nothing is left. I am not going to predict the outcome of the AWB bill. Many thought Romney would win because of the horrible economy, Benghazi, health care and a whole host of other crap from this administration. We know how that went. Now the Obama campaign is renaming itself and will be 'campaigning' for the Progressive Liberal agenda. I wouldn't be surprised to see television ads about scary guns, gun show loopholes and other misinformation. If it's on TV it must be true, right?

How do you counter that kind of stuff from such a machine? No matter how you feel about Obama, you have to admit that their public campaign machine is tremendous, wether they are telling the truth or not. They can get their message out there and if they say something over and over enough people who don't know any better are going to start believing it.

We need to counter this threat. By joining various pro gun organizations, donations, letter writing campaigns, contacting your reps till they recognize your phone number in the caller ID, anything and everything.

I hope my rambling here makes sense. It is hard for me to gather my thoughts and type them down at once. I usually write several drafts before I type. Anyway, stay strong and stay UNITED.

Stuart

(Monroe County)

If the NRA can not stop this bill from becoming law... NO ONE ELSE WILL

Quote Originally Posted by tsafa View Post
    Without the NRA we have NOTHING to stop Obama.

Unless... you support Obama's plan... that is another story.
    I've never understood why it would be so difficult for the millions of NRA members to drop out and join a no-compromise group like GOA.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by minarchist View Post
    I've never understood why it would be so difficult for the millions of NRA members to drop out and join a no-compromise group like GOA.
    Picture this... You are in a dug out trench with 4 million other people trying to stop an enemy that is charging at full speed and trying to over run you... Is this the right time to try to move 4 million people to another trench???

Not good tactics to try to move a lot of people from a dug in position while they are taking heavy fire.

I am a member of GOA too.... and SAF... and JPFO.... Do you want to leave anything to chance in this fight?
    Last edited by tsafa; January 24th, 2013 at 08:17 PM.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by tsafa View Post
    If the NRA can not stop this bill from becoming law... NO ONE ELSE WILL
    The SAF will fix it later while the NRA is cowering and whispering "don't do it."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast