Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tiagadton Range

Default Re: Tiagadton Range

Quote Originally Posted by hertz View Post
    What's the story on that place?
    Get there early or maybe anytime during the week and you should be ok. The problem with the free ranges is that all kinds of whackos, weirdos, and scum bags use them. You'll have guns sweeping you almost all the time. You'll have people just walk right down range while you're shooting without saying or gesturing at all.
    I had some scum bag kids start shooting my targets and only asked after I became vocal about extra hits on MY target.. I was sighting in my 30-30 and could sense that someone was near me so I turn around and there's this creepy old guy with coke-bottle glasses hovering directly behind my head watching me shoot. Then him and his creepy 50 year old son go down range during the clear and start scooping up buckets of the dirt in the backstops, I assume to get the lead. And speaking of the backstops, they're just half blown-away logs in front of dirt mounds, its difficult to staple any targets on and they'll never be flat and even..

Sorry for the run-on, I don't care much for that place.

The last time I was up at the Pine Creek Dam range a car pulled in with three young males, 2 blacks and one white guy. They had a Street Sweeper style 12 ga and it must have been the first time they fired it. I was with another guy and I glanced over their way after one had shot a couple times and saw that he was talking to the others with the barrel pointed right at us. We hollered and told them to keep it pointed down range. Shortly a park ranger stopped by and asked to see their weapon and some I.D. He made a radio call and got an all clear, handed them their weapon and told them to "Have a nice day." As soon as he was gone they left. I always lock the vehicle and keep an eye on anyone who shows up behind me. If more than two or three are there when I arrive, I will not stop to shoot there.
    I have since set up a 100 foot range in my back property with a good back stop.
    I haven't been up there lately since they colsed for renovations, but i hope they have something like stalls set up with guards so you can only swing your barrel so far to the left or right. It's a wonder no one has been shot there yet. I had to snicker when I was shooting my 7mm Remington Ultra Magnum and saw they didn't think to bring ear protection. I warned them and when I let one go they about jumped out of their skin. Now that I think about it, maybe that's why they left.

That's another thing, it completely boggled me how many people don't bring ear and eye protection when they go shooting. I understand sometimes you forget, but when you see the young gangsta's show up and don't have any gear except for the gun and a single box of ammo, you know they have no idea what ear protection (or anything else) is.

(Lycoming County)

I was back up to Tiagadton Saturday and still had the place to myself. Someone did show up as I was leaving. Said he wasted his time at the Bloom gun show earlier that day. The wind was bad but not to bad to shoot considering the time of year. Road up is still 4wd. Stopped at the range at Little Pine on the way back and looked at the plans they have hanging up. Should be nice when they get it done. Don't say when they are going to start on it.

(Lycoming County)

Thats to bad they don't have a time frame on when they are going to finish pine creek. Its close to me and I used to shoot their sometimes. Originally they had it posted it would be done March 2013 I believe, guess thats not going to happen now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12