Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tiagadton Range

(Lycoming County)

Default Tiagadton Range

Went up Saturday to sight in a new rifle and try out a couple barrels I got for my Encore. Had the place to myself. Getting up the road takes 4WD.

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Tiagadton Range

Curious where this range is. I usually shoot at the range in the Little pine state park, but this has been closed for renovation. I live outside Jersey shore but work out of Milton. Was wondering if this might be somewhere inbetween.

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Curious where this range is. I usually shoot at the range in the Little pine state park, but this has been closed for renovation. I live outside Jersey shore but work out of Milton. Was wondering if this might be somewhere inbetween.
    No, you keep going up 44 past Waterville to get to Tiadaghton. Turn at Zinck Fork Road (theres a sign for the range).

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by LowCapacity View Post
    No, you keep going up 44 past Waterville to get to Tiadaghton. Turn at Zinck Fork Road (theres a sign for the range).
    thanks. I'll have to go and check it out, if it ever gets out of the single digits.

I was a member of this range for a couple years while I lived up Pine Creek. I normally always had the range to myself. Being on top the mountain, the wind often would be blowing. Check the windcast before you go unless you like a cross wind. Like most small clubs there is a group of older men that moreless take care of the place. Some are quite friendly and some are.....a bit weird? I don't know how to describe them other than having slight communication issue or the need to test people. I won't bore you with stories. I miss going there. Plus you can shoot 300 yards!

What's the range like? Is there a handgun range? Me and a few friends are looking for a range in the Williamsport area to shoot at. I checked out the website which wasn't very informative. Worth the 25 dollars?

Quote Originally Posted by hertz View Post
    What's the range like? Is there a handgun range? Me and a few friends are looking for a range in the Williamsport area to shoot at. I checked out the website which wasn't very informative. Worth the 25 dollars?
    I believe they have mobile target stands at the one range to set where you'd like for handguns. Definitely worth the 25 bucks but if you're in Williamsport you know Consolidated Sportsmen will be a lot closer, right? Though they're $50...

Quote Originally Posted by hertz View Post
    They have piles of dirt with wood framing in front of them. There is one at 25 yards. The left half of the range is for silhouette. There is also a fairly rough trap area. Make sure you know the event schedule. I've driven up a couple times and found out there was an event going on, therefore I couldn't shoot until they were done. Then you may have to go risk your life at the Pine Creek public range.

Quote Originally Posted by LowCapacity View Post
    I believe they have mobile target stands at the one range to set where you'd like for handguns. Definitely worth the 25 bucks but if you're in Williamsport you know Consolidated Sportsmen will be a lot closer, right? Though they're $50...
    My issue is I'm only here for another 3 and a half months for college. I don't really want to pay too much to only use a range a half a dozen times or so. I'm just exploring the options the area has to offer. I think I'm just going to end up joining Consolidated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiadaghton44 View Post
    ......Then you may have to go risk your life at the Pine Creek public range.
    What's the story on that place?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast