Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Erie County)

Default 1893 mosin sort of

went out with a few friends over the weekend not realy looking for anything , but always looking for something . ended up at Gander mountain and the one guy was unusually "chatty" one thing led to another and were were talking mosins He says he just took one in and should be over there(used section). told him it was not and ask the price
    $150
    said that was a bit high for a regular mosin but not bad if it was a m44
    i think it might be
    bring it out i would like to see it
    ok i could do a little better price probably
    upon seeing it something was off (see pic) so i took it and looked it over not very impressed with it at that point then i see the date !
    1893 Chatellerault !!!
    what was the best you could do $130?
    yea should not but yea i can do that. we paid $90 for it and it is lower than our margin for selling.i was very happy that i had to Phone a friend and share the excitement i think he was excited as well with same of the expletives he had for me

now the odd parts the front barrel band as bayonet lug is from a krag jergensen and the front sight is similar to a german mauser and i have know idea about the rear peep sight or why it has the patch door on the stock. it is the original stock the clean rod lug is still there but the grove has been filled in and it has the original finger guard . receiver and floor plate have matching numbers and no import marks. any more info figuring this out will be appreciated
    Last edited by philstoys; February 8th, 2013 at 12:48 AM. Reason: pic not showing up

(Erie County)

Default Re: 1893 mosin sort of

peep sight and makers mark (hard to see)

(Erie County)

against my friends advice i did put 1 round through it now i know it will shoot it will be put up.had a weird kick but i think that is from the odd stock and my friend said there was no muzzle flash.

(Monroe County)

Ummm.......
    Everyone should have an AK-47