Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who has quality AR parts to build a rifle in stock?

I know, probably few, if any. Looking for a 16" midlength, doesn't have to be MagPul, but I'd like the MOE/CTR stock, something other than the regular A2 grip. Carry handle doesn't matter, but I'll be shooting irons until I put optics on it at some point down the road. I have nothing to start with, as in I've sold the AR parts I had started accumulating over the last few years. I bought three lowers around the time of the 2008 election and ended up trading one of the lowers to a shop and selling the rest. I've never really felt a "need" to have one, but I guess it's never been about need. I doubt there's going to be an AWB, but I've finally decided to get one and my timing couldn't be worse.

I'm not brand specific, but I want a good fit & finish. Spoke to Dave at DNA Weaponry on Tuesday briefly when we met at the Post Office and Allison when I went in today as they like the Windham Weaponry. Everything looks good there, except they don't seem to offer a midlength rifle.

I meant to call Dave today to ask about putting "my rifle" together, but got caught up at work. The Windham's piqued my interest as they are being reported as nice builds, reliable, and excellent fit and finish and the price was right.

I saw someone posted this back in September:
    PSA Upper - $309.95
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...ng-handle.html

BCM BCG - $159.95
    http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-B...0auto%20mp.htm

PSA Lower Parts Kit - $79.95
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...kit-10346.html

PSA Receiver $99.95
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...r15-lower.html

Charging handle - find one less than $20...

669.95+ shipping and 1 FFL fee...
    http://forum.pafoa.org/2154330-post-12.html

But it seems everyone with parts is out of stock and not even an option to backorder. I called PSA today and waited in their que for nearly 25 minutes before giving up and resorting to leaving a message, which was denied because the mailbox was full. Seems everything at BCM is out of stock, too.

I like the idea of building one myself, at least the lower, as I built one in the past, never bought an upper, and then sold it.

I've spent more time with the M4 than M16 variant, so...help me out with who has parts or uppers, etc in stock or the shortest wait while I compare my options of waiting for a complete rifle to show up, if I can even get one the way I want it.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Who has quality AR parts to build a rifle in stock?

The best advice I can give you is scan the classifieds on here frequently. I also scan gunbroker several times a day. Prices will never be what they used to be but that is going to be your best bet in getting products quickly. I also go on AR15news.com alot, they usually post up deals and what not.

(Berks County)

Also there was a guy on here selling a couple psa lpk's for 100.00 today or yesterday

I don't need it right away, and I'm not paying $1500+ for a used rifle that was $1,000 a month ago. I'm seeing rifles on here, packages, with mags and stuff for $2,000 - $3,500+. No thanks. I'll build a custom bolt gut for that.

I'll keep my eyes open for decent prices. Thanks for the help so far.

(Wayne County)

You can try specialized armament if you cant find anything else anywhere else. They always charged a bit of a premium, but it's all Colt parts. They are also the last place I've seen any sort of BCG items in stock. This is a tough scene right now.... I'd try to score at least the lower. I wish you the best of luck on your build and I'll keep my eyes open for you.
    I always sleep with my guns when you are gone

Quote Originally Posted by Splittiebus66 View Post
    You can try specialized armament if you cant find anything else anywhere else. They always charged a bit of a premium, but it's all Colt parts. They are also the last place I've seen any sort of BCG items in stock. This is a tough scene right now.... I'd try to score at least the lower. I wish you the best of luck on your build and I'll keep my eyes open for you.
    I think what may happen, as I continue to be shutout on what I want, is get something of a quality build that's close. Maybe it's an M4gery and I change the barrel later. That I can live with, but if it's going to have a price tag of mid to multiple 4 digits, it's going to be what I want, not what I can scrounge. My desire for one of these rifles isn't high enough to swallow that kind of a pill.

Thanks again. I'm seeing people on here charging $250+ for stripped lowers. I know the political situation is a bit nuts right now, but that just kind of made me laugh.

(Berks County)

I just built a 3 gun ar for myself this past month. All quality parts. Stag upper/lower Wilson barrel. Came in at around 1100.00. I'm saying they can still be built for a reasonable price still with patience and lots of searching.

(Erie County)

Getting a lower is the problem right now. Other parts can be had, but get them from KNOWN sources. Counterfeit parts are abundant, as in chinese knock-offs.

Lately, BCM has been offering a different upper each day, listed in the afternoon, but the upper sells out quickly. Yesterday, it was a 14.5'' middie, with Centurion rail.

Collect the parts, wait for lowers to be available. The frantic populace ordered a butt-load of ARs, to be assembled, from various dealers, which is the reason for the backlog, out of stock stripped lowers. What sold, to be assembled, in December, is probably what is normally sold in a years time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

BCM's BCG price was raised to $225 yesterday.

I was lucky enough to snag one of those 16" BCM uppers. Complete lower I have on order is on backorder for god knows how long. Just getting parts together as I can and keeping an eye out. I will not pay the huge prices for stuff, I will wait.

(Chester County)

Found a BCG in stock here if you're desperate...hahahaha...$599

http://www.westsaharaguns.com/LMT-AR...oup-LMTBCG.htm
    "A Ship in Harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are for."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast