Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: HB 357 - Making New Federal Gun Laws Unenforcable

FINALLY got a response from my rep... this is what I received...

Thank you for contacting me to express your support of HB 357 for the 2013-2014 session. This legislation would prohibit the enforcement of any new federal restriction, prohibition or registration requirement for firearms, magazines, and ammunition. Additionally this legislation would also require the state to intercede on behalf of Pennsylvania citizens against any federal attempt to register, ban or restrict the purchase or ownership of firearms and firearms accessories which are currently legal products. Your comments are welcome and I appreciate this opportunity to respond.

The right to keep and bear arms is guaranteed by the constitutions of Pennsylvania and the United States. In my view, these rights represent a coveted freedom and are among those important qualities that have enabled this country to remain a free and democratic one.

That said, Pennsylvania’s current gun laws and regulations were established under the Uniform Firearms Act approved during the Special Session on Crime in 1995. The act made sweeping changes to the existing laws of the Commonwealth relating to the sale, possession, lending or giving of firearms. Given these laws, I intend to review any gun control proposals with careful scrutiny and to oppose what seems to be unreasonable control of a law-abiding individual’s right to lawfully possess and use firearms.

I am a staunch supporter of Second Amendment rights and have consistently stood watch over any attempt, from within or outside the Commonwealth, to diminish those rights. I will make sure that honest and law-abiding Pennsylvanians are protected against any attempt by the federal government to unconstitutionally encroach on their legitimate Second Amendment rights.

I am firmly committed to working with my colleagues, constituents and interest groups to enact meaningful and sensible measures that will keep guns out of the hands of criminals, but I am also deeply committed to respecting the constitutional rights of lawful and responsible gun owners in Pennsylvania.

Again, I thank you for your input. If I can be of further assistance to you in matters relating to state government, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Tarah Toohil
    State Representative
    116th Legislative District

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by schr8er2000 View Post
    ... If I can be of further assistance to you in matters relating to state government, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Tarah Toohil
    State Representative
    Yes Tarah, simply answer whether you will vote for HB 357 or not !

Six paragraphs and she still didn't say whether she would vote in favor of Rep. Metcalfe's HB 357.
    Last edited by Ret-Fed; February 8th, 2013 at 03:53 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by schr8er2000 View Post
    FINALLY got a response from my rep... this is what I received...

Thank you for contacting me to express your support of HB 357 for the 2013-2014 session. This legislation would prohibit the enforcement of any new federal restriction, prohibition or registration requirement for firearms, magazines, and ammunition. Additionally this legislation would also require the state to intercede on behalf of Pennsylvania citizens against any federal attempt to register, ban or restrict the purchase or ownership of firearms and firearms accessories which are currently legal products. Your comments are welcome and I appreciate this opportunity to respond.

The right to keep and bear arms is guaranteed by the constitutions of Pennsylvania and the United States. In my view, these rights represent a coveted freedom and are among those important qualities that have enabled this country to remain a free and democratic one.

That said, Pennsylvania’s current gun laws and regulations were established under the Uniform Firearms Act approved during the Special Session on Crime in 1995. The act made sweeping changes to the existing laws of the Commonwealth relating to the sale, possession, lending or giving of firearms. Given these laws, I intend to review any gun control proposals with careful scrutiny and to oppose what seems to be unreasonable control of a law-abiding individual’s right to lawfully possess and use firearms.

I am a staunch supporter of Second Amendment rights and have consistently stood watch over any attempt, from within or outside the Commonwealth, to diminish those rights. I will make sure that honest and law-abiding Pennsylvanians are protected against any attempt by the federal government to unconstitutionally encroach on their legitimate Second Amendment rights.

I am firmly committed to working with my colleagues, constituents and interest groups to enact meaningful and sensible measures that will keep guns out of the hands of criminals, but I am also deeply committed to respecting the constitutional rights of lawful and responsible gun owners in Pennsylvania.

Again, I thank you for your input. If I can be of further assistance to you in matters relating to state government, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Tarah Toohil
    State Representative
    She's on the judiciary committee. We're going to need you and everyone you know in your district to help the cause!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrg516601
    "Ooh I love to dance a little sidestep, now they see me now they don't-
    I've come and gone and, ooh I love to sweep around the wide step,
    cut a little swathe and lead the people on."
    priceless.. . and apt

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android

(Chester County)

I called "my guy", he cosponsored! John Lawrence.
    Jimmy cracked corn and HE didn't care! Why should I?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123