Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: PA public school teacher salaries available online

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Pa Patriot View Post

So hopefully, you guys can all see what I am saying and go post some cat pictures or jokes for me to look at.

Judy
    You're easy to please, ain't ya ??

Marry you, and ruin it all ? I say let's play in sin. ~Michele
    Do ya like warm oil massages ?~Me
    As long as it's gun oil.~Michele

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeyDad View Post
    You're easy to please, ain't ya ??
    The gorilla says....not so much. lol

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Pa Patriot View Post
    The thumb says....not so much. lol
    Fixed it for ya.......

Marry you, and ruin it all ? I say let's play in sin. ~Michele
    Do ya like warm oil massages ?~Me
    As long as it's gun oil.~Michele

(Allegheny County)

Fixed it for ya.......
    Been nice knowing you Shakey!

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by daschnoz View Post
    OK jerkin off - If you don't know what you are talking about, I suggest you STFU.
    Don't start that crap. If you have something to refute or correct Jerkin, post it.

(Luzerne County)

Fixed it for ya.......
    LOL, thanks!

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Smith View Post
    The gal's got class!

(how do you put up with him?)

LOL, he's not so bad....lotta chest beating and growling.....

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    Don't start that crap. If you have something to refute or correct Jerkin, post it.
    Sorry. It's been a REALLY stressful week.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Allegheny County)

My sister in law just retired after 30 yrs. Don't even get me started on the crap she saw around her. How about having a predatory lesbian principle that couldn't be fired. (Protected group). Plus you can only be fired for sexually harassing the opposite sex.

Did she have to retire? NO. The union pretty much made her life hell. You see she had no problem staying after class to help the kids that wanted it. It was nothing for her to get home at 5:30-6:00 at night. Funny thing is she and the other older teachers over 45 yrs were being harassed by the union to be off campus with in 30 minutes of the final bell. You see she and the others were making the lazy, unqualified, incompetent, under 35 year old teachers in it for the money, with zero dedication look bad. Her words not mine. Both my niece and nephew were educated in private schools because she saw the quality of the public school teachers in her district.

I know a young lady here in Pittsburgh who is teaching in a Catholic School because she can't get hired in any public school. Why? She graduated college with a 3.9 QPA. Is she that bad?
    No just the complete opposite, she is an outstanding teacher.
    Every public school district she has substitute teaches in the Principle and most of the other teachers wanted her in their school. It just seems when other teachers know she is applying for a position something happens and the door is magically slammed in her face. Her application just happens to get tossed into a black hole of bureaucracy. She didn't tell me this one of her friends who is also a teacher told me this. She has seen it with her own eyes how this young lady is the top candidate for ta position and at the last minute someone else just happens to get the job. One teacher I met she works with now told me they are concerned that they may lose her. She is just so good they know that some school district is going to snatch her up sooner or later.

Her first year of teaching where she worked before out of state the school district is rated below the state and federal averages. Her class 85% of the kids scored above the state and federal standards in testing. You see no other class in the district scored above the state and national average.
    BTW 70% of those kids in her class were minorities and came from poor homes.
    When the test results came out she got a whole lot of grief from a lot of the other teachers in her school.
    Comments like "Oh Here Comes Little Miss Superstar" and other similar remarks were made.
    She has letters and awards from the school district for her work with those kids. You see she proved it wasn't the kids it was the quality of the teachers that caused the schools low ranking.

During her student teaching her training teacher asked her why she was correcting students papers with a RED pen and making notes in the margins.
    While she was correcting their essay's she was writing the proper way to construct a sentence or spell a work correctly. She explained this to her training teacher. Want to know what this training teacher told her. Just put a grade on the paper and forget about doing all that work. She said I want these kids to learn from their mistakes. The training teacher told her why do all that work, they will never learn from what your doing. These kids are as stupid as their parents. These kids parents are losers and most of them will end just like their parents. She said most of the teachers in that school felt the same way as her training teacher.
    And you wonder why the teachers in this school rode her so much after she got all this recognition for her teaching skills. It is always easy to blame the parents for a kid doing poor in school.

For any one who knows a good teacher, knows why the majority of teachers say the parents are at fault for a students poor performance. It is easy to shift the blame from an incompetent teaching staff to the parent.

Her husbands job transferred him to Pittsburgh, that is the only reason she is here. She went for one job here in Allegheny County and the girl that got the job had failed the state teachers certification test three times. She had a high QPA of 2.6 in college. You see daddy gave money to the president of the school boards re-election fund. This young lady in now teaching your kids.
    I don't have a problem paying a good teacher top money I have a problem paying a lousy teacher top money and the inability to remove them from the classroom.
    I just saw a charter school that is paying $125,000 a year to their teachers.
    The catch? The teachers are on a year to year contract, no tenure, no union, and can be fired at will.
    In September Pittsburgh Schools let 132 teachers go. They are losing 4000 students over the next two years. People are leaving the city because of the lousy schools and high taxes. Four school districts in Allegheny County had 45 openings in August. They didn't fill the positions because of money. The salaries and benefits have gotten so high that many school districts in western Pa are seeing the writing on the wall.

It has begun, the days of raising property taxes to increase teachers salaries are over. Read the front page of the Pittsburgh Tribune Review today.
    Housing prices are dropping like a rock all across western Pa. Where do schools get a majority of their cash? Property taxes. Allegheny county already is either number ONE or number TWO for having the highest property tax rates in the United States. There is absolutely no way any school district can honestly go to the well any more.
    People and businesses are leaving the area because of the property taxes.
    Last edited by ALS; March 28th, 2008 at 10:09 PM.

(Lehigh County)

Why am I not surprised at this ALS? Read "Conspiracy of Ignorance" the author goes into detail about exactly what you just said.
    Veritas Vos Liberat

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast