Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default Gunsmith for Browning Auto-5/Remington Model 11?

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Does anyone know someone with experience working on Auto-5's or Model 11's? I have a circa 1936 Model 11 that I'm ordering (among other things) an action spring, fiber bumper and rivet for, and would love to have someone install them, and in the course of installing them give the components of the action a thorough cleaning. It's past-due for a good cleaning, but I'm not experienced enough to take it apart, and I don't have the punches, skinny screwdrivers and other tools.

Being an ancient gun, and having a lot of sentimental value, I'd feel most comfortable leaving it in the hands of someone who's had some experience working with this particular design of old St. John's. Any recommendations?
    Last edited by PSUDSL15; January 22nd, 2013 at 11:41 PM.

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Default Re: Gunsmith for Browning Auto-5/Remington Model 11?

Ron Lutz (aka Xringshooter) is a member of great repute on this forum, and a gunsmith located in Lemont. He will probably come along to provide you with some suggestions. Or you can PM him directly.

Another local gunsmith I know of is Ed Noll in Spring Mills. I don't know whether he is a member here or not. But you can contact him at 814-422-8999.