Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Why should I buy a sig?

A guy I work with has a new in box sig 9mm full frame stainless pistol for sale. I never really paid too much attention to sigs in shopping for pistols. But I want to ask the age old question, what are your opinions in why or why i shouldnt buy one. Asking this question got me on the glock bandwagon and I wont look back. I have smith semis, smith revolvers, 1911's, glocks, dw revolvers, walther, springfield, even 2 taurus semis, but never owned a sig. Please feel free to let it rip and let me know your opinions

Default Re: Why should I buy a sig?

Accurate, reliable, easy to maintain and comfortable. Any other questions?

Quote Originally Posted by SigSauer226 View Post
    +1 I don't own a Sig..yet, but my father owns several, and I have spent a decent amount of time shooting them. Very accurate, nice grip and feel, and very reliable, will eat pretty much any ammo out there. I think my next pistol purchase with be a 226 in 357 sig. One thing about most Sigs, they are not a lightweight pistol, which I like, I appreciate the extra weight, but you will notice the extra weight if you carry it. If you're looking for another pistol, it would certainly be a good choice IMO.

Just noticed you said it was a stainless pistol, which may make it an elite model. If so, thats even better!

Quote Originally Posted by 87hurricane View Post
    Just noticed you said it was a stainless pistol, which may make it an elite model. If so, thats even better!

IIRC, all Sigs are now stainless. The elite series just have spots where the the finish is polished off to give a two-tone look.

You cannot go wrong with a Sig. I've got a 225 in 9mm and a 226 in .40S&W/.357Sig I swap out the barrel for the caliber change. The .40S&W mags can also hold .357Sig.
    Last edited by SigSauer226; January 22nd, 2013 at 08:00 PM.

Sigs are great. I don't have a shadow of a doubt that my p229 will function 100%. I carry mine everyday and the weight isn't that bad. Get a good belt and holster and you're fine. If it's a range gun, then it doesnt matter.
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

(Chester County)

Come on, can over 250000 French Police Nationales, Gendarmerie and Douanes be wrong

Sig is used by plenty of HSLD agencies all over the world - You wont regret one - smooth, reliable, built like tank - much sexier than Glock

Enjoy
    Jeff

(Bucks County)

The only downside in my opinion is the weight. One of the reasons I gave one up for the HK P30 over it - significantly lighter, same build quality, plus salt corrosion resistant coating without having to get a M11-A1 or MK25 and the HK has polygonal rifling. Other than that - I like them, and would trust my life with them.

My FNX-9 to me is everything the Sig is at half the weight too. Dead nuts accurate, proven to be very reliable for me in feeding everything I throw at from junk foreign range ammo to top shelf hollow points - about 5600 rounds so far through it - quickly turned into my most fun and now go-to range gun when I'm not doing practice with my carry compacts and mouse guns.

I just think they've fallen behind over the years. Other than that - I like them. I'm right now tossing around the idea of MK25 just because I like the anchor - probably won't even shoot it - just save it.
    Last edited by galvanni; January 22nd, 2013 at 08:25 PM.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by SigSauer226 View Post
    That's really all there is to it. Great pistols.
    Let us hope for the best, but let us also prepare for the worst.

(Bucks County)

Not a lot of experience with there full-size and compacts, but the subcompact P238 is a beautiful little gun. Fit & finish, accuracy, trigger etc etc etc are all top notch. Only issue it has is feeding SOME JHP .380, which is not really a huge deal. This is clearly due to the short, steep feed ramp and not really a quality problem IMO.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast