Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: CLOSE

(Luzerne County)

Default CLOSE

Well, the box says THE Ruger LC9 implying like its the one and only elite pistol of its kind. Im my opinion it shows striking similarity to the Kel-Tec PF9 and honestly, I wish I would have went with one of those instead. I bought this Ruger out of impulse last year when looking for a carry gun, particularly a J frame revolver (Yeah don't ask). I found it at a local shop used, unfired, and cheap. I have recently replaced it with a Glock 26. I didn't like the round in chamber indicator, safety, mile long trigger pull and not to mention the terrible accuracy and having to send it back to Ruger for repair because some sort of pin under the rear sight sheared. The pistol has about 300 rounds through it ans a very light scratch or two from carrying. I still have the box and everything that comes in it. It no longer has a place in my arsenal. So what do you think I should be looking for when I sell it? How much cash can I expect to get in a private sale or trade in calue at a gun shop? Thanks for your input!
    Last edited by Johnboy87; February 18th, 2013 at 01:53 PM. Reason: close

The End of Josiah's Railroad, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: THE Ruger LC9

I used to see them around $300. For a better answer, search Gunbroker for completed auctions.

I'm definitely not an LC9 fan, but I have never shot one that has terrible accuracy. They are popular here and helping people sight theirs in or checking to see if it is already/function checks when stove piping, etc, is something I get to do from time to time. I find you need an arm like an orangatang to make full use of the short radius sights, but they all shot nice and straight. Maybe send it back if you're sure there is an accuracy issue. Trigger pull is a 50 yd sprint in my book, not the full 100. There are worse one's out there. Remember, it isn't a combat gun, it's a up close and personal defense weapon, so you may be asking a little more of it than it is intended for. I'd check the accuracy and sell for around 3 bills.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Delaware County)

I bought one last year, added a CT laser and ended up selling it for 400$. I can keep a 1/2 dozen rounds in a 6" shoot-n-c target at 25yds with almost any pistol but was lucky if I got one round per mag in the target with the lc9. I know its not a target shooting pistol but I personally want that degree of reliability in a carry gun. I haven't had a single regret since I sold mine. I say go ahead and do the same.

Peter