Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default NJ Gun Bills Could Cancel All NJ FID Cards, Mandate Police Turn-in or Face Felony

SOME NJ GUN BILLS COULD CANCEL ALL NJ FID CARDS, MANDATE POLICE TURN-IN OR FACE FELONY

By Evan F. Nappen, Attorney at Law (Exclusive to ANJRPC)

Out of the 23 bills recently filed in New Jersey, three dealing with mental health evaluations as a condition of issuance of FID cards contain potential severe unintended consequences that could invalidate every FID card in the state. They are A3688 (sponsors: Mainor and Jimenez), A3667 (sponsors: Cryan, O'Donnell, and Jasey) and A3676 (sponsor: Jimenez.)

All three of these bills require a mental health evaluation approved by the Superintendent of State police as a condition for issuance of a New Jersey Firearms Purchaser ID card under N.J.S. 2C:58-3c. Failure to do so is explicitly a "disability” under N.J.S. 2C:58-3c

A3676 also requires a privacy invading in-home inspection as a condition for issuance of an FID card, and A3688 requires submission of a list of household members with mental illness to the police to receive an FID card. Failure to obey these requirements are also explicitly "disabilities” under N.J.S. 2C:58-3c.

New Jersey law provides that an FID card is void if the holder becomes subject to a "disability.” Accordingly, if these bills take effect, ALL persons already holding an FID card who have not had the home inspection, psychological evaluation, or provided the list of household members (and thereby overcome the "disabilities” imposed by the legislation) MUST TURN IN their Firearms ID card to the Police. The turn in must be done within 5 days by law or face prosecution for 4th Degree Crime (Felony -18 months prison time.)

TAKE OUT YOUR OWN FID AND READ THE WARNING ON THE BACK.

These three bills have the potential to void every FID card in the state, and require their immediate return!

See for yourself. The law under NJS 58-3f. states:

"A firearms purchaser identification card shall be valid until such time as the holder becomes subject to any of the disabilities set forth in subsection c. of this section, whereupon the card shall be void and shall be returned within five days by the holder to the superintendent, who shall then advise the licensing authority. Failure of the holder to return the firearms purchaser identification card to the superintendent within the said five days shall be an offense under subsection a. of N.J.S.2C:39-10.”

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...89106751160162
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: NJ Gun Bills Could Cancel All NJ FID Cards, Mandate Police Turn-in or Face Felony

"Communism................When Freedom just doesn't cut it any more."

Default Re: NJ Gun Bills Could Cancel All NJ FID Cards, Mandate Police Turn-in or Face Felony

At some point, if they make people criminals through these insane and repressive laws, they may not like the outcome....after all, what will people have to lose?

(Westmoreland County)

They should all be arrested and charged with treason. I bet they'll charge a fee for the mental evaluation and home inspection. More money for a greedy corrupt government. At the same time making firearm ownership such a PITA that many won't bother.

(Wayne County)

Im glad that when I retired I MOVED THE HELL OUT OF THAT SHIT HOLE. NEW JERSEY BETTER WAKE UP OR YOU WILL BE BOWING TO DA MASSA. IF YOU DON'T FIGHT YOU DIE.

(Northampton County)

There is no way I would support this without some serious compromises on the part of NJ. Put a wall around that horrible state and blow the bridges. Then we good.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    There is no way I would support this without some serious compromises on the part of NJ. Put a wall around that horrible state and blow the bridges. Then we good.
    I propose a repatriation plan for all NJ people currently living in PA once that is done. I don't have all the plans worked out yet, but it does involved a trebuchet.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Montgomery County)

New Yawk one-upped all other Anti states last week. Of course, they can't let that stand. They now have to come back with even more absurd laws.

Somebody I know (who does not live in Joisey) went to the rally in Trenton on Saturday, because it was much closer to him than Harrisburg. He reported that only a few dozen people showed up. The only conclusion I can draw from this is that almost everyone who cares about 2A/RKBA left NJ long ago.
    Molon Labe!

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Now that is a plan I could get behind!

(Wayne County)

I moved to PA in 2008 when I got married. I fear for my family still living across the water, they have not been receptive to my suggestions about jumping the sinking ship... Going to share this as well, maybe there is still hope.
    "Freedom is our most precious commodity and if we are not eternally vigilant, government will take it all away. Individual freedom demands individual responsibility."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast