Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Jefferson County)

Waiting for the call...

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android

Default Re: Hit us with your best shot, Andy! Hell no we not giving up our guns.

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    And the ORebellion has started....We are living in historical, historical times.
    And it's gonna get very Ogly.
    Personally, I think that's exactly what our country needs. All these keyboard wars and talking head crap is making it worse. ACTION is what is needed.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Hit us with your best shot, Andy! Hell no we not giving up our guns.

A modern day Lexington and Concord perhaps?

(Lehigh County)

That is not going to happen. The left knows all too well that a confiscation type scenario would get sideways very quickly. It also would most likely result in quite a bit of bloodshed. I am not supporting or dismissing it, just stating the facts.

More than likely it will be a slow creeping scourge. Registration first (just as in NYS). Everyone gets a 1 year grace period to do what they are supposed to do. In that year they are betting that cooler heads prevail and people will just accept the new laws. Most will comply and those that don't will be picked off little by little, with no media attention and no fanfare.

I can't see a scenario where they would "come for our guns". The battle will be one of legislation, voter turnout, and continued political pressure. It will be long, arduous and very slow. The left is counting on the fact that we will not be able to continue this groundswell of support indefinitely, and most likely not until the next election cycle when they are counting on lower turnout allowing them to slip in for another term.

The upcoming battle will not be fought with firearms. It will be fought with your pen and ultimately your ballot.

Quote Originally Posted by 98Redline View Post
    The upcoming battle will not be fought with firearms. It will be fought with your pen and ultimately your ballot.
    That hasn't worked in the last five years. People are tired of the bullshit.

I'm ready. Are you?

(Allegheny County)

This is what it will come down to and we must decide when the time comes. I know what I will do, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by 98Redline View Post
    That is not going to happen. The left knows all too well that a confiscation type scenario would get sideways very quickly. It also would most likely result in quite a bit of bloodshed. I am not supporting or dismissing it, just stating the facts.

More than likely it will be a slow creeping scourge. Registration first (just as in NYS). Everyone gets a 1 year grace period to do what they are supposed to do. In that year they are betting that cooler heads prevail and people will just accept the new laws. Most will comply and those that don't will be picked off little by little, with no media attention and no fanfare.

I can't see a scenario where they would "come for our guns". The battle will be one of legislation, voter turnout, and continued political pressure. It will be long, arduous and very slow. The left is counting on the fact that we will not be able to continue this groundswell of support indefinitely, and most likely not until the next election cycle when they are counting on lower turnout allowing them to slip in for another term.

Your analysis seems sound, except it seems to me that Silent Generation/Baby Boomer politicians (who won't be around too much longer) are, on average, much more anti-RKBA than Generation X politicians. Look at footage of Ron Paul rallies and assorted Liberty Movement events: Generation X (and younger) individuals make up the bulk of the crowds. To me, it seems that once the ex-hippies start dying, that things should improve for us.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    The LAST thing I want to see is violence or harm come to anyone.
    We must continue to use PEACEFUL means to settle these infringements of our rights.

That being said... If its come to it and we are at the point where discussion is ineffective and politics fails and law enforcement is over stepping its authority...

If law abiding (Constitutional Laws) citizens are forced to give up their arms and thousands assemble to "push back", I know what side Ill be rooting for...
    Our side will be peaceful. The question is what happens when Douchomo sends in State Troopers. And he, like OMao is narcissistic enough to do it.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Berks County)

if i lived in NY i'd be packing my bags and jumpin the border over to PA

(Westmoreland County)

Anyone here know a Banker or two? We need to start setting up a Legal Defense Fund so that we can take this to the Supreme Court.

When the local Police know that their first suspect has a few hundred thousand Dollars in legal defense money at their disposal maybe they'll get a little nearsighted and not notice the illegal stuff.

I am assuming of course that the US Supreme Court will do the right thing. Their track record has not been very hopeful lately.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast