Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Ruger Mark III question

Hi. New to the forums. I've put about 300 rounds through a new Mark III Target, using both CCI minimags & Federal target grade ammunition. When I use the Federal, i've had the case get stuck in the ejection port three times, never with the CCI. Any insight on what I'm doing wrong?

Default Re: Ruger Mark III question

Try some other brands of ammo and see if this happens. If this is limited to Federal I would say it isn't anything you are doing wrong but your pistol just doesn't like Federal target grade.

(Bucks County)

I've found that my daughter's MarkIII 22/45 prefers CCI. We've had several FTEs with Winchester white box, to the extent that she pretty much refuses to use anything but CCI. Thankfully the CCI Blazer stuff (which is very reasonably priced) runs great so that's all we buy now. I know it sounds like I spoil her but she's a very reliable range buddy so I do what I have to in order to keep her and her MarkIII happy.

Regards,

BCB

(Lackawanna County)

Just stick with the Mini-mags and enjoy shooting the gun, isn't that what it's all about anyway.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

CCI works best in all my Ruger as well. Other brand sod the same for me. I find sticking to CCI is the best answer.

(Allegheny County)

Mine was spotty on value ammo reliability until I removed the magazine disconnect safety.

(Luzerne County)

I purchased a mkIII 22/45 this past fall as my first pistol. With it I bought a brick of American Eagle ammo. After about 50 rounds I started getting a stovepipe or fte about 1 or 2x per mag. Went out with it a few more times and same thing even after thorough cleanings. Just went out and bought 500rnds of CCI Mini-mags and it went thru 200 flawless so I broke out the AE. It started right back with the fte so I am chalking it up to the gun not liking AE ammo. Total rounds down the pipe to date is about 750 rnds. Still have 150 left of the AE then I am sticking to CCI.

(Dauphin County)

Does the pistol still have the loaded chamber indicator installed? I removed mine several years ago and have had no problem since.

Bob

(Delaware County)

Thanks for the responses. Bob_w, it still has the indicator installed. Hadn't really considered removing it, until now. Otherwise, I think I'll stick with CCI from now on. Much appreciated everyone.

(Luzerne County)

You might want to check out http://www.rimfirecentral.com. They are dedicated to all things rimfire especially Rugers 10/22 and mk series.
    They have excellent how-to's and everyone is very helpful when it comes to issues with your rimfire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast