Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default New gun owner looking to join WSSA

My wife and I are new pistol owners and are looking to join the WSSA. I'm told the association is accepting new memberships and I'm planning on attending the meeting the last Tuesday of this month. I read in another post that I don't need to mail my application but can just show up to meeting with my application and money and I should be voted in that night and get a gate key. Is this true? Do I need a sponsor?
    We are looking forward to meeting other members and shooting with some other organizations.
    Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: New gun owner looking to join WSSA

Yes you can show up for the meeting with your application and money and you will be voted in. They accept new members every month so even if you can't make it this month, there are always others. Also, you do need a sponsor. I would offer but I can't afford my membership renewal just yet so I can't quite do that for you.
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

(York County)

Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if I needed a sponsor or not. There seems to be some mixed information in whether or not you need one for new membership to the association.

(York County)

Correct, you can show up, fill out the membership, and leave a member after the meeting. Anyone there at the meeting will sponsor you or you can use me. What sponsor info is need?

(York County)

Thank you so much. It's great to be making friends already.
    The application just has a spot on the bottom for sponsor signature and printed name. I am very excited to shoot these new guns including my new Glock 19. My wife is a first time shooter and we are both looking forward to the sponsored events and classes.
    https://westshoresportsmen.fatcow.com/www_membership/

(York County)

when i was 18, me, and my dad went to a meeting for the voting thing. long story short they accepted everyone despite nobody was there, and we wasted our time showing up. it was so boring. just fill out the app, and mail it, then you'll be in

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by HUHwhat View Post
    when i was 18, me, and my dad went to a meeting for the voting thing. long story short they accepted everyone despite nobody was there, and we wasted our time showing up. it was so boring. just fill out the app, and mail it, then you'll be in
    The board now requires that you be present at a meeting to be voted in as a new member. We now have a range orientation that we give to new members. You must have this orientation before you get your access card.

-Bobby Kirbos
    Membership Secretary WSSA
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(York County)

I'm glad to know that. I originally was just going to mail the application in and wait to see if I was voted in. I'm looking forward to going to the meeting and meeting some members. I hope that bringing my application the night of the 29th and not mailing it is still ok. I'm planning on attending with another prospective member as well.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by gaoshearer View Post
    I'm glad to know that. I originally was just going to mail the application in and wait to see if I was voted in. I'm looking forward to going to the meeting and meeting some members. I hope that bringing my application the night of the 29th and not mailing it is still ok. I'm planning on attending with another prospective member as well.
    That's fine.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by daschnoz View Post
    That's fine.
    im glad to see an official from the WSSA here. you cant hear it any better than from the horse's mouth itself : ) BTW those construction guys almost ran me off the road today at the rifle range. I was about to start yelling at them, but they kept their heads turned away from me as I was looking right at them. that'd telling me they knew what the did ; /
    You should put up a sign about it if they'll be there any longer