Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Richard Widmark's Gun Stance

Widmark died today at the old age of 93. He made a living off of movies involving guns, including quite a few westerns. Here's what he had to say about that back in 1976:

A quiet, inordinately shy man, Widmark often portrayed killers, cops and Western gunslingers. But he said he hated guns. I know I've made kind of a half-assed career out of violence, but I abhor violence," he remarked in a 1976 Associated Press interview. "I am an ardent supporter of gun control. It seems incredible to me that we are the only civilized nation that does not put some effective control on guns."

Another duplicitous gun-hating actor that didn't mind making money of of portraying something he so "ardently" opposes.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

(Chester County)

Default Re: Richard Widmark's Gun Stance

Good post; that's the first thing that jumped out at me from his obit., too.

Pretty damn common -- Daniel Craig, Sean Connery, and Jodie Foster, to name just a few of the raving anti-gun actors who make a living portraying the opposite.
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.