Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Bloomberg: ‘Most people I know don’t even have a gun’

WASHINGTON — New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg slammed pro-gun advocates while encouraging America’s other mayors to pressure Congress to pass President Barack Obama’s gun-control proposals, during a lunch gathering of the U.S. Conference of Mayors on Friday.

“Most people I know don’t even have a gun,” Bloomberg said, claiming America is “the only industrialized country in the world” that has a gun “problem” where there are more guns than people.

Bloomberg spoke highly of the proposals Obama laid out Wednesday and called the current enforcement of gun laws a “tragic joke.”

“This is not a Constitutional question, but it is a political courage question and it is an issue for Washington — we can’t do it alone,” Bloomberg said.

“This week President Obama and Vice President Biden did step up and put forward a comprehensive plan for attacking gun violence, and I give them both a lot of credit for listening to the voices of everyday Americans and putting public safety ahead of special interests.”

Bloomberg said his Mayors Against Illegal Guns organization was in close communication with Biden and helped develop the slate of goals Obama announced Wednesday..

http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/18/bl...en-have-a-gun/

Does he not know his bodyguards? In his eyes, they are probably a lower life form because they have to touch those icky guns.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Bloomberg: ‘Most people I know don’t even have a gun’

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterInPA1 View Post
    WASHINGTON — New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg slammed pro-gun advocates while encouraging America’s other mayors to pressure Congress to pass President Barack Obama’s gun-control proposals, during a lunch gathering of the U.S. Conference of Mayors on Friday.

“Most people I know don’t even have a gun,” Bloomberg said, claiming America is “the only industrialized country in the world” that has a gun “problem” where there are more guns than people.
    He's talking out of his ass...

• A 2011 Gallup poll estimates that 47 percent of US households own a gun.
    • A 2007 Small Arms Survey estimates there are 88.7 guns per 100 Americans (#1 in the world for guns per capita)
    • A 2010 estimate from the NRA states "Privately owned firearms in the U.S.: Approaching 300 million, including nearly 100 million handguns. The number of firearms rises over 4 million annually.
    Toujours pręt

(Philadelphia County)

First off, he no doubt hangs out with like minded people who despise our rights.

Second, when he's out and about in NYC, of course many if not most law-abiding citizens he knows don't have guns.

He has either banned them in the city or made so many hoops to jump through to acquire a firearm in NYC it is nearly impossible to get one.

Outside of his security force, I'm sure qiote a few of his rich and privileged friends got the green light for a NYC pistol permit and he told them to keep it quiet.

This man is a cancer on a free society.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by tmg19103 View Post
    First off, he no doubt hangs out with like minded people who despise our rights.

Second, when he's out and about in NYC, of course many if not most law-abiding citizens he knows don't have guns.

He has either banned them in the city or made so many hoops to jump through to acquire a firearm in NYC it is nearly impossible to get one.

Outside of his security force, I'm sure qiote a few of his rich and privileged friends got the green light for a NYC pistol permit and he told them to keep it quiet.

This man is a cancer on a free society.
    You got some good points there.

(Lancaster County)

Most people that I know do have guns. I don't think that either point is valid. It doesn't matter if you know someone or not that owns guns, it's a matter that it's a right guarandamnteed by the Constitution.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Carbon County)

this guy is just an asshole, no other comments needed

(Montgomery County)

“This is not a Constitutional question"
    With all due respect Mr. Mayor, you're wrong.

What part of "Shall Not Be Infringed" do you not understand?
    Molon Labe!

(Berks County)

***Except for my PSD.
    A Republic, if you can keep it.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterInPA1 View Post

no doubt a lunch we paid for, too bad they can't get that through their heads

Bloomberg spoke highly of the proposals Obama laid out Wednesday and called the current enforcement of gun laws a “tragic joke.”

I wouldn't disagree that current enforcement of laws THAT ALREADY FUCKING EXIST is a tragic joke

“This is not a Constitutional question, but it is a political courage question and it is an issue for Washington — we can’t do it alone,” Bloomberg said.

More proof that a government should fear it's people

“This week President Obama and Vice President Biden did step up and put forward a comprehensive plan for attacking gun violence, and I give them both a lot of credit for listening to the voices of everyday Americans and putting public safety ahead of special interests.”

Oh so now I'm part of a special interest group in that case where is the ACLU....
    And secondly, as Streaker said most everyday Americans I know are armed

Bloomberg said his Mayors Against Illegal Guns organization was in close communication with Biden and helped develop the slate of goals Obama announced Wednesday..

Does he not know his bodyguards? In his eyes, they are probably a lower life form because they have to touch those icky guns.
    these guys must be some well compensated brain washed assholes to guard someone who is taking away the very tool they rely on
    My thoughts in red...

[QUOTE=ShooterInPA1;2256806]WASHINGTON — New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg slammed pro-gun advocates while encouraging America’s other mayors to pressure Congress to pass President Barack Obama’s gun-control proposals, during a lunch gathering of the U.S. Conference of Mayors on Friday.

This is not a Constitutional question, but it is a political courage question and it is an issue for Washington — we can’t do it alone,” Bloomberg said.

Actually Bloomberg, you piece of garbage, seeing as how the Constitution says we have a right to bear arms that shall not be infringed, it IS a Constitutional question. What a total waste of space.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast