Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Saw this on Sherrif Bueki's website

http://www.pikepa.org/Sheriffs/Press%20release.pdf

If you're in Pike, please take time to thank the good sheriff for upholding the Constitution.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Saw this on Sherrif Bueki's website

Nice to know that the Sheriffs in Pennsylvania have no intentions of enforcing any unconstitutional laws affecing the second amendment of the bill of rights.

Good find Op and thanks for posting it.

just clicked the link and then "contact" and sent a thank you note.
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    Nice to know that the Sheriffs in Pennsylvania have no intentions of enforcing any unconstitutional laws affecing the second amendment of the bill of rights.

Good find Op and thanks for posting it.
    Another good day for the 2nd and the good people of PA.
    Gun control is not about guns, it's about CONTROL

(Monroe County)

When I first applied for my LTCF it was in Pike and had it approved and in my hands in less than 10 days. He is a good sheriff. Now that I live in Monroe I've had to apply down here. And you can bet your sweet ass that this sheriff is not the same and will take the full 45 days.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Pike County)

To be fair, the announcement was put out by Executive Director of the Pennsylvania Sheriffs' Association, Robert Wollyung, not Bueki.

Since this thread is about the Pike Sheriff, some may find Bueki's comments in Issue 24 (January 17, 2013) of the Pike County Dispatch disconcerting:

"He said even though it is illegal, some buyers might go out of state and triple their money by re-selling the guns."

Fuel on the fire there.

"He said that there is also a permit requirement for specialty weapons such as AK’s and AR’s"

Special permits for AKs / ARs? Is that true?

Source:
    http://www.pikedispatch.com/

(Pike County)

I'm hoping he was misquoted, because as far as I know, no specialty permit is required to purchase and own an AR or AK style weapon in Pike County.

I don't disagree with Bueki about buying stuff in PA (as a PA resident) and selling out of state, especially to NY, NJ and CT buyers. That pretty much fits the definition of straw buying of which I do have an issue with. Let the tri-state folks buy their guns through proper channels. This way, everything's above board and we Pennsyltuckians don't get a bad rap.

Bueki has always been good about NFA applications... hell, the man even said he'd have no problem signing off on class 3 FA weapons. He wouldn't do silencers though because of idiots shooting deer from their cars.
    Last edited by amstel78; January 20th, 2013 at 04:35 PM.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by amstel78 View Post
    I don't disagree with Bueki about buying stuff in PA (as a PA resident) and selling out of state, especially to NY, NJ and CT buyers. That pretty much fits the definition of straw buying of which I do have an issue with. Let the tri-state folks buy their guns through proper channels. This way, everything's above board and we Pennsyltuckians don't get a bad rap.
    My point was that he was giving Pennsylvanians (and all firearm owners) a bad rap by stating to the media that some "go out of state and triple their money by re-selling the guns."
    He's alerting the public that interstate sales not involving FFLs do occur, and though it is an unfortunate fact that some violate [18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and 922(b)(3)], many in the media may be inclined to take that and present it as being a more rampant practice than it likely is, thus adding fuel to the fire that is the present gun control debate.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by jayPA View Post
    My point was that he was giving Pennsylvanians (and all firearm owners) a bad rap by stating to the media that some "go out of state and triple their money by re-selling the guns."
    He's alerting the public that interstate sales not involving FFLs do occur, and though it is an unfortunate fact that some violate [18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and 922(b)(3)], many in the media may be inclined to take that and present it as being a more rampant practice than it likely is, thus adding fuel to the fire that is the present gun control debate.
    Yes, I do see your point now. Thanks for clarifying. When looking at his statement from your perspective, I do feel that he didn't do us any service by saying what he did.

Again though, I'm hoping he was misquoted or taken out of context. It doesn't sound like Bueki to go against 2A supporters, even if unintentional.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by amstel78 View Post
    Yes, I do see your point now. Thanks for clarifying. When looking at his statement from your perspective, I do feel that he didn't do us any service by saying what he did.

Again though, I'm hoping he was misquoted or taken out of context. It doesn't sound like Bueki to go against 2A supporters, even if unintentional.
    And thats what is getting us into trouble. WHO are they selling them to GANG BANGERS? When I was in vietnam all they worried about was body count. Same in the main street media. BODY COUNT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast