Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello!

(Delaware County)

Default Hello!

I wanted to introduce myself as I have been reading the forums for a couple of years and decided to join in order to talk to other local firearms hobbyists especially now given the current political climate.

I live in Brookhaven and have been a Delco resident my entire life. I have been interested in firearms from a young age as my family has a long history of military service. I myself have been a member of the Sun Valley USMCJROTC program and the NRTOC program at Penn State. Unfortunately I was unable to complete the NROTC program due to a major injury which left me ineligible for commission.

I enjoy shooting both pistol and rifle and am somewhat curious about sport shotgun shooting. Other than shooting I enjoy golf (my crazy addiction), cooking and spending time at home with my family.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Hello!

Welcome from one Sun Valley grad to another. (1986) Given your location I'm guessing you are a member at Delaware County Field and Stream. If not, you should check the place out. Several of the regular posters in the Delaware county section are members. I can usually be found loitering around the rimfire, pistol or table trap ranges on Sundays.

(Delaware County)

Welcome to the forum. I, also, am a member of DCF&S. I just have trouble showing up over there on weekends.
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(Delaware County)

I am not a member of DCF&S however I am quite interested in joining. If anyone would have me as a guest so I can check out the facilities and get a feel for the membership it would be appreciated.

(Delaware County)

Welcome to PAFOA. If your not a member of the NRA, now would be a good time to help support our fight against the 2A infringment that is being waged.

On any given Sunday, you can take our orientation tour and get an idea what the club is all about. After the orientation, you will have the opportunity to join if you desire. {orientation is free and starts around noon.}
    We are a family oriented club with events for everyone.
    We have a big membership with a core group of regulars like Thundrr1 and myself.
    We don't care if your a novice or an expert shooter, but we do insist on safe gun handling at all times.

I would be glad to show you around the club on a Saturday or Sunday. If you want to shoot, we can do that also. Guest pass is $10 if you want to shoot. The tour is free...lol.

Chet
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.[

R.I.P......Murphy.

(Delaware County)

Welcome to the forum. I am still pondering joining DCFS. I hear good things about them from lots people. The only thing preventing me from joining at this point is that they only allow 5 rounds in your magazines on the range. Thats alot of reloading.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/193181-harty.html

Common Sense isnt that common among people

(Delaware County)

Sauer, I am an NRA and a GOA member. Sundays are tough for me as my wife works and I am home with my daughter. But I would love to be a guest on a Saturday as that is the only day I really have the opportunity for "personal time".

Harty,

I have the same reservations about the 5 round limit but DCF&S is literally 3 minutes from my house so I doubt its really worth driving the 30-40 minutes to SCCSFA or Lower Providence just to be able to have a full mag.

(Delaware County)

I load the mags before I leave home. 30 mags x 5 rounds = a lot of shooting. Take a break,,,,, let the firearm cool down,,,,, rinse/repeat.

EDIT: Double that time to the other ranges,,,,,, as you DO have to get back home.........
    Last edited by thundrr1; January 20th, 2013 at 12:34 PM.
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(Delaware County)

Im gonna join. It just makes sense for me. I want to go hunting next year with my two sons and we all need to take the hunting classes. Plus they have alot going on. I would like to have my magazines loaded but like you said just load a few magazines.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/193181-harty.html

Common Sense isnt that common among people

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by harty View Post
    Im gonna join. It just makes sense for me. I want to go hunting next year with my two sons and we all need to take the hunting classes. Plus they have alot going on. I would like to have my magazines loaded but like you said just load a few magazines.
    You probably want to get a family membership if you're going to bring your kids to shoot more than twice a year. It's only an extra $25. The total cost for the first year would be $200 and $150 thereafter.

Feel free to stop by the High-Power range office any Sunday AM through the middle of April. Ask for Jay. I'll be there scoring targets. I'm a club officer and can sign your application and can get a few other folks to sign too. You can then take the orientation class the same day. You visit each range on the facility during orientation. It takes about an hour and a half.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast