Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default To those whose identity was diclosed by the Berks County Sheriff

I will be meeting with attorney Jon Mirowitz on Tuesday to discuss the situation and the options open to us. There is already one individual who has suffered identity theft since the occurence, and the Berks County Sherriff Office's response was that this gentlman can't show it was due to them. Basically, they told him to go pound sand up his @ss. This is the type of response you have to look forward to when/if your identity is stolen as a result of this disclosure. Furthermore, there are rumors that Class III information was also accessible. which is of grave concern to me.

Anyway, if any of you are interested in joining in an action against the Sherriffs Office, please either post here or email me. I am not very interested in *money* damages but I feel they should be required to provide identity theft insurance for all people whose information was disclosed. Moreover, I want to make sure this does not occur again. There are several different legal and damage options, which I will be discussing with Mr. Mirowitz.

(Berks County)

Default Re: To those whose identity was diclosed by the Berks County Sheriff

Today I spoke with the attorney. He feels it is a great case, especially since PA has a non-disclosure statute, which provides for disclosure such as the Sheriff's office's disclosure. There are a lot of concerns including whether the Sheriff's office is compiling a Class III database, as well as, concealed carry database, which might violate PA law. However, he is concerned about the possibility of reprisal, if I bring suit, since the Sheriff's office is a political entity. I am not too concerned by this, because to me our rights and privacy are the most important. Moreover, if allowed to slip into the night, how many more similar occurences will result? What other databases will be kept? What will individuals do when their identity is stolen, which one individual is already dealing with? If anyone else is interested in joining, please let me know.

Default Re: To those whose identity was diclosed by the Berks County Sheriff

Hi, ur site has great information.. and i can show u the same, which is related to the identity safety... In order to protect yourself from identity fraud and name theft, you must carefully protect your personal records, and pursue online activities with caution. There are a number of things to prevent this.