Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Columbia County)

Default Out of state buyer of magazine only?

Last summer I was able to purchase a rifle in PA, though my residence is NYC. I know PA and NY law won't let me buy a handgun here, but can I buy a magazine only, provided I can find what I want?

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Out of state buyer of magazine only?

So long as the magazines are within the scope of NYS and NYC's laws - there isn't a problem.

I think right now you are limited to 10rds, however a 7rd mag limit is coming(not sure of date that it goes into affect).

It would be illegal for you to bring back to NYS/NYC any magazine that exceeds 10rds.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Magazine ban has already been passed, but we can legally still buy 10 round magazines for 3 months (until April 15) after that it is 10 round mags which you already own, but can only legally load 7 rounds in them. Hows that for a brilliant law?
    TJ , from the peoples republic of New Yorkistan

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by tjironhorse View Post
    Magazine ban has already been passed, but we can legally still buy 10 round magazines for 3 months (until April 15) after that it is 10 round mags which you already own, but can only legally load 7 rounds in them. Hows that for a brilliant law?

The majority of voters in your state voted for this (meanign they voted for Cuomo).

TJ , from the Peoples Republic of New Yorkistan
    Changed it for you a little bit and OMG, I can't stop laughing at this....New Yorkistan! LOL

The sorry part is, middle eastern countries don't have gun control! LMAO

CL

Where I live in Easton,PA, at Sarco they check to see if you are a PA resident when you want to buy a magazine over ten rounds. Sarco is originally from The Peoples Republic of Jersey, and they are right on the border. American Shooting Sport doesn't check. The only thirty rounder AR Mags around here are used Orlite that look like they were used hard, at Sarco for $20. I have two, and even though they look rough they run fine. I like New Yorkistan, I will use it.
    Last edited by Metaldemon7; January 18th, 2013 at 08:14 PM.

(Allegheny County)

They also forgot to add an exemption for police, which the police chiefs are now complaining about -- the same police chiefs who last week were saying no one needs 10 rounds for self defense.

(Columbia County)

I only go to the range here in PA, not NY, and don't own anything with a "high capacity" magazine, but I had been thinking about a new gun. Kinda limited options now. I was curious about this because NYs new law only calls out the newly-defined assault weapons and number of rounds.

I doubt I'd find any dealers who'd sell a gun without the magazine, particularly now when we're all trying to figure out exactly what's what, but I'll save this info for the future!

(Indiana County)

There's no requirement to be from any particular state in order to purchase a magazine in Pennsylvania. What you do with the magazine, or where you take it, or don't take it, is your business and your business only.

By the way, I don't have any High Capacity magazines. Mine load up to Full Capacity, but that's how they're designed. No matter how hard I try, I can't get any more cartridges into them to turn them into High Capacity magazines.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    There's no requirement to be from any particular state in order to purchase a magazine in Pennsylvania. What you do with the magazine, or where you take it, or don't take it, is your business and your business only.

By the way, I don't have any High Capacity magazines. Mine load up to Full Capacity, but that's how they're designed. No matter how hard I try, I can't get any more cartridges into them to turn them into High Capacity magazines.
    +1
    You don't have to show ID to buy a full capacity magazine in Pa.Can you legally take it back to NewYork?That's for NewYork to decide.
    Don't leave home without it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast