Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Question VZ 58 Trigger Relocation

Anyone know if it is possible to remove the pistol grip and relocate the trigger to that location to do away with the "banned" feature (pistol grip)?

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: VZ 58 Trigger Relocation

Yes, MOVE south. On the lighter side It can be done just in reverse like they do with the saiga rifles.

(York County)

I want your vz.33

Unfortunately, that is the one I have and in NY, would be classified as a thumbhole stock/pistol grip. The stock needs to be solid, preferably USA as an added 922r part, and the bottom can't have a pistol grip. Basically, I have to move the trigger to the rear so I can hold the gun with the trigger hand. In this configuration, it would not be considered an assault weapon. Stupid isn't it.

(Pike County)

I would think you may have more luck making a filler piece for that skeleton stock. Perhaps a fore end strap to add some stability?

In any event good luck-

Quote Originally Posted by Rapper1 View Post
    Anyone know if it is possible to remove the pistol grip and relocate the trigger to that location to do away with the "banned" feature (pistol grip)?
    Get yourself a 10-round magazine. Then modify the rifle so the mag is non-detachable:

Remove the mag release, and mag release spring. Replace the spring with a solid piece of metal long enough so that the mag release cant be pushed in at all. I used a brass screw dremeled to fit - I could pull the rifle back apart and give you an idea of the dimensions that worked. Then re-assemble rifle with the 10-round mag (mag first, then mag release, then the pin that holds the mag release in place). Now you have a NY legal VZ. Semi-auto yes, but the magazine can't be removed, so now you're good to go - and keep your pistol grip. And loading is easy using stripper clips... just don't load more than 7, or the Governor's Goons will getcha.