Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Safir Arms T14

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Safir Arms T14

Nice! I hope it pans out for that price wow! I'm tempted to follow your lead but since I have have some hicap Safir mags I will refrain and let those that don't have first shot at these. Post up a review when you get them in hand ARBro!

(Cumberland County)

Definitely let us know if they work in the T14. I still have all the ATI high cap mags that they sent me years ago when they were getting out of them, but they are very temperamental and only work with certain rounds!

As I suspected after rushing to purchase, they are on back order with no expected date.

If and when I get them I will keep you posted.

I also plan on reviving my lancer mag conversion once I get the upper in 922 compliance.

(Monroe County)

Sweet ARBro, all 922 compliant now huh? Well, good luck with the Lancers. I've looked those over pretty good but I really couldn't find anything about them that I felt made them a better candidate for conversion than some of the other poly mags and one big draw back I found was the rounded back edge of their metal lips actually catch the rim of a .410 shell and keep it from stripping forward from the mag... But, you may have some ideas I just overlooked. And Cruzans, from what ATI has on their website, it seems even their magazines will only run with certain types of shells because there isn't an industry standard for length on .410 shells, and with the standard AR mag well size they need to be pretty close to 2.5" or less to run reliably. But they say their high cap mags hold 15 rounds vs. Safir 13 so there is still an improvement there as long as they feed.

This is an awesome source for the safir t14. I recently bought one of these uppers at a local pawn shop and it didnt come with a mag. I have gone through the trying to locate one online, making one and even dug through boxes of mags at the pawn shop hoping to find one. Im ready to throw in the towel on this one. Im going to speak with the manager at the pawn shop hopefully this coming week and try and get my money back. If i cant or someone here needs parts let me know. I paid 300 for it plus tax. Seemed like a great deal. Just putting it out there in case any of you guys need it.

Thanks
    Brian
    360 672 5224

Don't give up hope too quickly. ATI is supposed to be coming out with mags. Whether they work or not in the Safir, I don't know. I have a note on my calendar to call ATI next week to see if they are on the market as yet. My last call to ATI, they said they were very close.

(Cumberland County)

Wonder if the 5 round 410 mags that ATI has for sale on their sight fit the Safir ?

Never mind, just read further in the description - does not fit Safir

(Monroe County)

Well it's been a year since I was last here, almost to the day. In that time I gave up on modifying any other magazines for use with the T-14. However, I did finally get a new ATI Omni 5 round .410 magazine. They claim it will not work with the Safir, but in reality it's designed to fit into a standard AR lower which is what Safir used and it uses basically the same follower design as Safir with some minor improvement to the rear portion that locks the bolt back on an empty magazine... So it fits, but I'm not sure if it feeds yet as I haven't fed any rounds through it yet, but I'll be back with pics and followup info.

I also heard that ATI will release the higher capacity magazine this year, but, don't hold your breath. They rarely do anything on time, and never formally announce anything before they actually do it...

RD out

Optics Planet cancelled my order...

I found this upper:
    https://t-rexsmallarms.com/products/...rail-handguard

It looks to mirror the Safir.

They offer 9 round mags that look like they will work.

https://t-rexsmallarms.com/products/...-410-upper-9rd

I'm going to grab a few and can report back on how they work.

Ranch dude - you interested in making another hinge part?

All that is left of the original upper is the barrel, bolt and piston system.

ranchdude, if we're talking about the same thing, ATI already has the 15 round mags out for the Safir. I have one. But have not been to the range to try it. Not sure when I'll get out there. But you should be able to order a 15 rounder from ATI.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast