Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Lower Makefield Twp park gun ban

Township to encourage gun ban in public parks

The Lower Makefield supervisors agreed on a game plan Wednesday night to try to get the state Legislature to ban guns in public parks.
    It’s the state’s responsibility to regulate firearms, which is why a lot of local ordinances banning guns in public parks have been thrown out in recent years, Lower Makefield Solicitor Jeffrey Garton said.
    “We would like to see the law changed,” supervisors Chairman Pete Stainthorpe said.
    To help get the state lawmakers’ attention, the supervisors agreed unanimously to ask the Pennsylvania State Association of Supervisors to recommend such a ban.
    The state association meets in April and only will consider requests that are forwarded from county associations, the chairman said. The Bucks County Association of Township Officials will only meet in February before the state association’s convention, he said.
    Lower Makefield officials authorized Stainthorpe, Garton and township Manager Terry Fedorchak to let BCATO know they would soon consider a resolution calling for such a ban.
    That way BCATO could consider recommending the state association call on the state to ban weapons from public parks, much like it bans guns in schools, Garton said.
    Vice Chairman Dobby Dobson said the township should try to do something to get the ball moving.
    “There is no reason to have a gun in a park,” Dobson said. “Common sense sometimes has to prevail here.”

http://www.phillyburbs.com/my_town/y...6211f5ca7.html

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Lower Makefield Twp park gun ban

That's great - now the muggers know they're safe in the parks where women and children will be easy targets.

Thinking the way these guys do - is not stupidity, it's not being naive, it's a genetic flaw that affects the brain.

(Bucks County)

When and where? I want to fight this stupid ass backwards crap. I will not comply. I pay for those parks and I will not be denied the right to defend myself against muggers or wild animals.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    When and where? I want to fight this stupid ass backwards crap. I will not comply. I pay for those parks and I will not be denied the right to defend myself against muggers or wild animals.
    All the info I have so far is in the article but I would call write and meet with lower makefield politicians and tell them you will be volunteering your time with their political opponents next election cycle unless they do a quick about face on this issue.

At the same time let your state reps know that state preemption is under attack and you want to be able to legally and safely continue to carry firearms in parks.

(Bucks County)

If I hear or see the phrase "common sense" one more time my head is going to explode.

When will alleged adults stop being ruled by emotions, and not facts!!!!

(Bucks County)

I agree this common sense moniker is clearly being overused. Have I missed something here lately where like 300000 people suddenly ended up dead in Lower Makefield's parks?

(Luzerne County)

So this guy wants to CHANGE the law.. thats fine... but right now they are in violation of the preemption of the state of Pennsylvania and until it is changed at the STATE level they cant do a darn thing...

(Bucks County)

Hello, everybody; first time poster, long time reader…

If anybody’s interested, their next meeting is on February, 6th at 7:30pm.
    Location : Lower Makefield Township Building, 1100 Edgewood , Yardley, PA 19067.

(Bucks County)

Just sent this to the Gov. and my Senator. Santaserio is a gun grabber, so I didn't bother with him...

Good Morning;

The Lower Makefield Township Board Of Supervisors, though and organization called Pennsylvania State Association of Supervisors, is about to propose alteration of The Uniform Firearms Act to prevent law abiding citizens from carrying firearms within the confines of city parks in our township.
    I am writing you in opposition to this measure. The UFA was passed in order to prevent a crazy patchwork of local gun laws from making criminals out of law abiding citizens. This measure would do just that, as well as turning our parks into criminal empowerment zones.
    I strongly urge you to oppose this oppressive and ill-advised measure.

Regards,
    Etc,etc etc...
    Last edited by YardleyJon01; January 20th, 2013 at 01:44 PM.

(Bucks County)

Santaserio is my rep. too and while I agree he is a gun grabber of the highest order he needs to know we outnumber them and hopefully we can remove him come next election if he continues to vote against our rights.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast