Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Bensalem gun "buyback"

tldr; $200 for (undefined in article or at township website "assault weapons"
    $100 for semi auto pistols
    $50 for any long arms that aren't "assault" and revolvers
    plus a bonus for the first 100 people

6 to 9 p.m. Feb. 6 and from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 9 at the township’s municipal building, 2400 Byberry Road

Bensalem will use drug dealers’ money to get firearms off the street.
    The township will host an anonymous no-questions-asked gun buyback program two days next month, public safety officials said. It will be funded with money from a federal drug forfeiture program.
    Anyone bringing an unwanted firearm to the township can receive up to $200 cash for an assault rifle, $100 for a semi-automatic handgun and $50 for a handgun, rifle or shotgun, according to the township website.
    The buyback program will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. Feb. 6 and from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 9 at the township’s municipal building, 2400 Byberry Road, the website said.
    Mayor Joseph DiGirolamo has wanted to hold a gun buyback program for months, but “we put it into high gear after the Connecticut incident,” township Public Safety Director Fred Harran said, referring to the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in December that left 20 children and six school employees dead. The shooter also took his own life and that of his mother.
    Guns have been in the national spotlight since that massacre. President Barack Obama is weighing 19 steps he could take through executive action alone and will unveil his proposals Wednesday, the Associated Press reports.
    “I imagine it’s going to be successful,” Harran said Tuesday of the township’s program. “I’m convinced that we’re going to get a lot of weapons off the street.”
    People can hand in an unlimited amount of weapons but get cash for up to three, according to the website.
    The first 100 people to turn in their unwanted guns will receive additional gift cards for The Comedy Works at Georgine’s in Bristol Township.
    Up until now, Bristol Township was the only Bucks County town with a gun buyback program. As of July, 28 semi-automatic rifles and pistols, and 32 rifles and shotguns, have been purchased by the township. Those numbers have grown since the buyback program continues.
    Nationally, participation and interest in gun buyback programs surged following the deadly Connecticut shooting. Following that mass murder, officials in Lansing, Mich., Lawrence, Mass., Los Angeles and Santa Ana, Calif., announced plans to hold — or move up — gun buyback programs.
    And the day after the Dec. 14 massacre, Camden County, N.J., had the most successful gun buyback program in state history, collecting more than 1,100 weapons in a cash-for-guns program. That same Saturday in Baltimore and the California cities of Oakland and San Francisco more than 1,000 firearms in total were dropped off at buyback programs.
    http://www.phillyburbs.com/my_town/b...4ed5ace1b.html

I won't be in town for the first one, but may try to snag some deals at the Feb 9th event. They didn't say how much funds they have but these events are notorious for running out of money. It is unclear if grandpa's M1 is an "assault weapon" or if they would only offer someone $50 for it. Of course a decent M1 is worth more than the $200 "assault weapon" cash they are giving, too.

I recommend going in a group, dress nice, act respectful and be sure to know the laws concerning private sales before you go.

Default Re: Bensalem gun "buyback"

Quote Originally Posted by BroBrandonB View Post
    tldr; $200 for (undefined in article or at township website "assault weapons"
    $100 for semi auto pistols
    $50 for any long arms that aren't "assault" and revolvers
    plus a bonus for the first 100 people

6 to 9 p.m. Feb. 6 and from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 9 at the township’s municipal building, 2400 Byberry Road

http://www.phillyburbs.com/my_town/b...4ed5ace1b.html

I won't be in town for the first one, but may try to snag some deals at the Feb 9th event. They didn't say how much funds they have but these events are notorious for running out of money. It is unclear if grandpa's M1 is an "assault weapon" or if they would only offer someone $50 for it. Of course a decent M1 is worth more than the $200 "assault weapon" cash they are giving, too.

I recommend going in a group, dress nice, act respectful and be sure to know the laws concerning private sales before you go.
    Soooo...... will "I turned my guns in at an anonymous gun buyback" soon take the place of "I lost my guns in a boating accident"?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Soooo...... will "I turned my guns in at an anonymous gun buyback" soon take the place of "I lost my guns in a boating accident"?
    SSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! You will ruin t for everyone

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    SSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! You will ruin t for everyone
    I like the way you're thinking!

(Bucks County)

I think next month they are doing a "felon, turn yourself in" program. Should impact crime equally.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by HolyCrapItsFunk View Post
    I think next month they are doing a "felon, turn yourself in" program. Should impact crime equally.
    Haha, thanks for the laugh !
    Jesus is Lord !

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by BroBrandonB View Post

Has anyone ever scored a good rifle this way?

I know this is legal but do the police give you a hard time?

(Bucks County)

I wonder what the legalities are for this ? be a nice way to score some good guns id think

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dports View Post
    I wonder what the legalities are for this ?
    Like how can guns/money change hands without the use of FFL?

(Northampton County)

Saw this one on another thread....

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...yed-by-police/
    Last edited by Lback; January 29th, 2013 at 02:33 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast