Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Sheriff Rossi

(Lehigh County)

Thumbs up Sheriff Rossi

I have been trying to reach the local sherrif to get his take on if he would enforce ANY form of AWban or magazine limit...

Needless to say he has NOT returned any of my calls... i literaly have called once a day for the past 2 weeks...

It seems dire to me that we know what our local sheriffs have to say about these issues becuase THEY have the final say.

AS soon as i hear ANYTHING... i wil be updating this post. btw IF U LIVE IN LEHIGH...call Sheriff Rossi. 610 782 3175 pronouced Ross I

if they refuse to enforce these ILLEGAL laws then i will support them and be respecting their authority... and move my way up the ladder..

if they choose TO ENFORCE these ILLEGAL laws I wil be informing him that I WILL NOT COMPLY PERIOD... as it would be ILEGAL to restrict our firearm ownership..under article 1 sec. 21. this includes ANY registration or magazine limits..

how can we possible fight the government tyranny with only 7-10 rounds in the mag?? well we cant..

we need equal arms to keep our government in check.. thats the point, as u know.

I will not comply or register shit... nor will i surrender anything i own. period.
    I have informed all rep.s sen.s and sheriffs. i have called.

They do not grant us our rights... therefore they have ZERO authority to take them away...

if they tell me they are going to follow whatever is handed down. i will be telling them I personally see that as an act of "WAR"... and they should prepare for battle.
    Last edited by gumbys1up; January 17th, 2013 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Grammar

Default Re: Sheriff Rossi

So he gets a thumbs up for not returning calls?

Good for you trying to contact him though

(Chester County)

If you seriously think the county sheriff is the final authority, I am sure there might be a local, state or federal SWAT team that might beg to differ....

(Lehigh County)

They are outnumbered
    Gun control is not about guns, it's about CONTROL

I too was curious about "they have the final say" when so many posters have remarked that in PA the Sheriffs and their deputies are "not law enforcement".

(Lehigh County)

The Sheriff's office in PA is notlike that in other states where they have a law enforcement role.

(Lehigh County)

Thumbs up Re: Sheriff Rossi

I spoke with the sheriff the other day, finally, he absolutey assured me that he WOULD NOT enforce ANY form of AWB or any form of confiscation.

I told him i would be making the info he gave me public.

I asked him what happens when push comes to shove if he was asked to enforce confiscation or banning... and he said "Well Id be in a world of shit, but I WILL NOT enforce ANY unconstitutional laws."

Good for him, I assured him that we stood with him and to not fear. He thanked me.

Thumbs up for him.. dont be afraid to call and show your support.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by gumbys1up View Post
    I spoke with the sheriff the other day, finally, he absolutey assured me that he WOULD NOT enforce ANY form of AWB or any form of confiscation.

I told him i would be making the info he gave me public.

I asked him what happens when push comes to shove if he was asked to enforce confiscation or banning... and he said "Well Id be in a world of shit, but I WILL NOT enforce ANY unconstitutional laws."

Good for him, I assured him that we stood with him and to not fear. He thanked me.

Thumbs up for him.. dont be afraid to call and show your support.
    I have never spoken to him physically, only seen him pass through the 'lobby' of the Sheriff's office. I however have had about no less than 6 ATF Form 4's that he signed off on in the past 4 years I have been in Lehigh Co. He has signed off on MG's, Suppressors and just recently an AOW for me. He has not always been available in his office but I have found within reason, Sheriff Rossi, Assistants, Staff ave been nothing but a true pleasure to work with and not have had one problem and complaint for and about. I really wish the rest of the government would be this efficient. Nothing but positive relationship thus far. Please eep up the good work!

(Lehigh County)

I'm not sure about Rossi, many posts about his office jerking people around for LTCFs, such as requiring two Lehigh County residents as references when that's not the law.

The 2 Lehigh County residents was changed to 2 Pennsylania residents about a year and a half ago.

Better but not good enough. Should be no restrictions.