Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Arrow Philly Mayor Nutter on New Anti-gun Campaign

Nutter launches new anti-crime campaign

PHILADELPHIA - January 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Mayor Michael Nutter has launched a new anti-crime campaign and much of it is aimed at curbing the amount of gun violence in Philadelphia.

Mayor Nutter was in crime plagued Strawberry mansion late today declaring the escalated war on the gun-toting criminals in city neighborhoods.

"We've got a message to every punk, every criminal, every person carrying an illegal weapon in the city of Philadelphia got a gun, go to jail," Nutter said.

In Philadelphia, in this still New Year, there have been 31 murders in the first 25 days, most, if not all, involved handguns as the weapon of choice.

City Hall says it is now posting serious reward money for leading police to illegal weapons and even bigger money for help in every murder case.

"To every criminal out there, I just put a $20,000 bounty on your head. We are coming for you; we will find you and for people who will give up that information, we will also offer $500 for information that leads to the recovery of an illegal weapon here in Philadelphia," Nutter said.

To help police solve crimes, there will a direct anonymous e-mail tip line and a system allowing citizens to send video to the cops in event they capture a crime on their cell phones. The police command will again be saturating the most violent sections of town.

"We have identified the areas of our city that have suffered from the most amount of gun related violence. Now, we're not just talking about shootings, we're also talking about robbery, point-of-gun, any criminal that involves a firearm," Philadelphia Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey said.

Police say there are 120 police cadets in training and are ready to take the streets by the summer.

(Copyright ©2012 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...ime&id=8520559

(Berks County)

Default Re: Philly Mayor Nutter on New Anti-gun Campaign

Hmmm...turn in your homeys for some chump change...
    USAF 77-79, SAC, DMAFB, 390 MIMS, Titan II Crew Chief

(Delaware County)

Are they searching for bad emotions and evil intentions too?

Wtf is an illegal gun?

Nice bounty though. I probably could pick a name outta the phonebook randomly and land on a criminal

(Lancaster County)

Can't something be done about these idiots giving away tax payer money in such a way?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee60 View Post
    Hmmm...turn in your homeys for some chump change...
    It's more likely people will be calling the cops on law abiding citizens. I'm assuming the cops would kick down their doors in the middle of the night if that's the case? Do you think they are going to do that based on anonymous tips that somebody has a gun? I can only assume that's how this is supposed to work. Anybody know something about that?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    It's more likely people will be calling the cops on law abiding citizens. I'm assuming the cops would kick down their doors in the middle of the night if that's the case? Do you think they are going to do that based on anonymous tips that somebody has a gun? I can only assume that's how this is supposed to work. Anybody know something about that?
    No, they won't kick down doors, I'm sure they'll follow proper investigative technique. They'll go through the "gun registry" to determine if the person legally purchased a firearm, they'll go through the LTCF database to determine if the person can legally carry a firearm. Then they'll see if they have any unpaid parking ticket, and if they do, then the SWAT team will be called out.

Are you paying attention Kodiak? Better make sure your tickets are paid up.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lehigh County)

How is the DA going to find the time to come up with frivolous charges against law abiding citizens if he has all these real criminals to deal with? Oh never mind he'll just drop all the serious charges if they plead guilty to disorder conduct.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

(Cumberland County)

I can see it now. People see someone open carrying and calling Philly's finest to say I saw a man with a gun and he was pointing it (point-of-gun) their words not mine). Where can I get my check bro.

Cyber
    “They that plow iniquity and sow wickedness shall reap the same.” Job 4:8 ... III% OK

Correct me if I am wrong, but the worst areas of philadelphia with the most gun violence are the areas that were most supportive of Obama?

Maybe if Nutter told his people to quit acting like animals and look to someone like Herman cain or Allen west as a role model instead of the Notorios BIGG or Tu pac shakur we would not have this problem.

But its all part of the plan to manipulate the minority vote for democrats. Keep them thinking they need the government and cant do it on their own. The modern plantation

(Bucks County)

I assume "illegal guns" means guns owned by felons or something....
    "Stupid people are ruining America." --Herman Cain

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast