Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: Indoor shooting range in Pittsburgh?

There are not any that I know of. In fact I don't know of any public ranges indoor or outdoor any more in that area.
    "The best investment on earth is earth."

you could drive about 25 miles to youngwood to A&S indoor range and use your own ammo and have a better time.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    you could drive about 25 miles to youngwood to A&S indoor range and use your own ammo and have a better time.
    Agree with having a better time, but it's over 50 miles.
    Fortune fingers the fearless

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by flyingjunkie View Post
    If you bring your own firearm, ears, and eyes like I do, for 2 targets, and 2 boxes of .45 ACP it usually costs about $65.
    A friend was just in Vegas last week and only paid $50 to shoot two mags out of a F/A M16 at a indoor range. The range officer overseeing him told him to burst the first mag to get use to the rifle, and then he told him to dump the second mag just for the fun of it (which he did).
    Toujours prêt

(Allegheny County)

In the "greater" Pittsburgh area you have Anthony Arms (West Mifflin), A&S (Youngwood), or Army & Navy Store & Indoor Range (Latrobe) are the indoor ranges that are open to the public.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Centre County)

Went and did our thing at Anthony Arms. Definitely not the place if you want friendly customer service. Cold and get to the point.... I actually witnessed a guy get ignored by one of the staff. The worker was looking at paperwork and a customer came up and politely asked when the gun range was going to open (we have already been waiting 10-15 minutes for the range to open). The worker didn't look-up, say just a second, say I'm busy - just flat out ignored him. Bottom line, I was able to spend some time with my son shooting my G26 - mission accomplished.

We plan to be in Pittsburgh again in 2 weeks, this time in the Golden Triangle/downtown area. Which indoor range is the closest to this location?

(Allegheny County)

"We plan to be in Pittsburgh again in 2 weeks, this time in the Golden Triangle/downtown area. Which indoor range is the closest to this location?"

Anthony Arms is. The other two are about 1 hour out +/-.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by rtba26 View Post
    Went and did our thing at Anthony Arms. Definitely not the place if you want friendly customer service. Cold and get to the point.... I actually witnessed a guy get ignored by one of the staff. The worker was looking at paperwork and a customer came up and politely asked when the gun range was going to open (we have already been waiting 10-15 minutes for the range to open). The worker didn't look-up, say just a second, say I'm busy - just flat out ignored him. Bottom line, I was able to spend some time with my son shooting my G26 - mission accomplished.

We plan to be in Pittsburgh again in 2 weeks, this time in the Golden Triangle/downtown area. Which indoor range is the closest to this location?

Wow. Confirmation that everything the locals have been saying for years is pretty much spot on regarding the lack of give a shit at Anthony Arms.
    I fail to believe that they are unaware of all the bad press they get, so I can only assume they don't care.

Sorry you were met with such crappy service. If it's not ball-shrinking cold when you come back, perhaps I could take you as a guest to my club.
    You can't shoot indoors there without being a member, but if the cold doesn't bother you, shooting outdoors is an option.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    If it's not ball-shrinking cold when you come back, perhaps I could take you as a guest to my club
    Thank you very much for the offer - much appreciated! I will keep it in mind. However, might have to pass as there is a good possibility that there might be several of us going as a group this time.

(Butler County)

if you dont mind a drive about an hour north then you might want to look into joining pardoe sportsmans club near mercer pa. $50 for a year includes the use of the indoor range 24/7. i havent joined yet but i will. http://pardoesportsmens.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast