Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Angry Children as props

Am I the only one who found the use of children as props disgusting?

They are not young enough to vote, but we can use minors to support complex legislation on complex issues?

What happens when they turn 18 and realize their parents used them to make a political point that they were too young to understand?

I could find children that would support almost anything. Does that make it right?

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Children as props

I'm surprised these GHOULS didn't exhume their bodies and prop them up on pikes like Vlad Tepes, (aka Dracula) and put up a sign saying "This is all the NRA's Fault!"

(Lehigh County)

Yes he will do anything to get rid of the 2nd .
    Gun control is not about guns, it's about CONTROL

Do you really think that the kids wrote those letters? Or were just saying what their left leaning parents told them to say.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

(Bucks County)

How do you think those letters to the president was written? Do you really think these kids thought up themselves that there should be a firearm ban? No their teachers put them up to it. But don't worry we don't politicize the classroom.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by stabile007 View Post
    How do you think those letters to the president was written? Do you really think these kids thought up themselves that there should be a firearm ban? No their teachers put them up to it. But don't worry we don't politicize the classroom.
    Most kids don't have an opinion on guns one way or the other. My best friend's son had his friend over from NYC. They were playing with Nerf guns and I was explaining what the different components of these guns are called despite being toys - i.e. magazine, cylinder, pump action, etc. The boy from NYC said, "Wow, you sure know a lot about guns, why is that?" I answered, "Because I have a few and often visit the range and go target shooting." He the responded, "It doesn't matter because guns are illegal in New York." I then said, "Why should they be? A lot of crimes are still committed with guns in NYC. The bad guys have them, why shouldn't the good guys have them to defend themselves from the bad guys? The cops can't always get there in time to save everybody." The kid got quiet and responded with a thoughtful "oh." Wonder if he went home and relayed that message to his parents and how they responded?
    Last edited by lemko; January 16th, 2013 at 02:51 PM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by lemko View Post
    Most kids don't have an opinion on guns one way or the other. My best friend's son had his friend over from NYC. They were playing with Nerf guns and I was explaining what the different components of these guns are called were despite being toys - i.e. magazine, cylinder, pump action, etc. The boy from NYC said, "Wow, you sure know a lot about guns, why is that?" I answered, "Because I have a few and often visit the range and go target shooting." He the responded, "It doesn't matter because guns are illegal in New York." I then said, "Why should they be? A lot of crimes are still committed with guns in NYC. The bad guys have them, why shouldn't the good guys have them to defend themselves from the bad guys? The cops can't always get there in time to save everybody." The kid got quiet and responded with a thoughtful "oh." Wonder if he went home and relayed that message to his parents and how they responded?
    I am surprised they were allowed to have nerf guns given a nerf gun shut down a whole school the other day.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by lemko View Post
    Most kids don't have an opinion on guns one way or the other. My best friend's son had his friend over from NYC. They were playing with Nerf guns and I was explaining what the different components of these guns are called despite being toys - i.e. magazine, cylinder, pump action, etc. The boy from NYC said, "Wow, you sure know a lot about guns, why is that?" I answered, "Because I have a few and often visit the range and go target shooting." He the responded, "It doesn't matter because guns are illegal in New York." I then said, "Why should they be? A lot of crimes are still committed with guns in NYC. The bad guys have them, why shouldn't the good guys have them to defend themselves from the bad guys? The cops can't always get there in time to save everybody." The kid got quiet and responded with a thoughtful "oh." Wonder if he went home and relayed that message to his parents and how they responded?
    Shame on you for indoctrinating that child with the truth.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rooster View Post
    Am I the only one who found the use of children as props disgusting?

They are not young enough to vote, but we can use minors to support complex legislation on complex issues?

What happens when they turn 18 and realize their parents used them to make a political point that they were too young to understand?

I could find children that would support almost anything. Does that make it right?
    The funniest part of this was that CNN started off just before the President came on air stating that the President would have children surrounding him who wrote him letters regarding the gun issues when he made his speach on new gun law proposals. CNN then immediately began bashing the NRA for the commercial content they aired stating that the President somehow thought that his childrens safety was somehow more important then our childrens safety who do not have armed securtity in their schools. The NRA then made reference to the fact that our Presidents children are well protected with armed guards at their schools. The only thing I could do was laugh as I thought of our President parading these children on stage while thinking just how screwed up these antis really are. I mean they literally just bashed the NRA 30 seconds before the President comes on stating they are using our children to put forth their agenda when the President was doing the same exact thing live in front of me. Holy shit and they call us crazy
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/193181-harty.html

Common Sense isnt that common among people

(Allegheny County)

Their arguments are always feeling based, never fact based. Thus Bleeding Heart Liberal. If you pass a feel good law, you've done your best. Pay no attention to the fact that is has never fixed or will fix the issue.

What the President should have done was apologize for bankrupting all those poor innocent children.

Time for me to step off my soapbox.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast