Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Ban a swimming pool, save a child!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...pools/YTsJxDgH

I was bored, so I started this petition. If saving even one child's life is worth limiting personal freedom's, we shouldn't start with the relatively small fry "gun control" angle. Guns only kill a small number of children each year. We should focus on the big killers, cars and swimming pools! Cars are necessary for normal life, getting to soccer practice and such, so we can't ban those. Swimming pools though? They're nothing but evil, baby drowning machines. Maybe we only need to ban high capacity swimming pools though. You know, pools that hold more than 30 gallons. Or perhaps pools with certain "baby killing" features, like images of fish printed on them.
    Whatever the cost, we must save the children, and to save the children, we must enact common sense measures to control the senseless proliferation of assault pools.

we also need to ban semi-automatic pools (pools that automatically fill themselves when the level runs low) of any size.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Ban a swimming pool, save a child!

yea.... no... People have tried this method, sheep don't even seen to care, they can't comprehend the analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Helter View Post
    Cars are necessary for normal life, getting to soccer practice and such, so we can't ban those.
    We can't ban ALL cars...but we can still ban types of cars (just like politicians are trying to ban types of guns).

I move we create a list of features that would have a car be designated as an "assault vehicle" and ban new sales of them. Existing cars will be grandfathered. I propose the following features as ban-worthy:

1) A car with cylinders in excess of four. Why does anyone need anything more than a four cylinder? Those V6s, V8s, and V10s are unnecessary.

2) A car with more than 150 HP. Why does anyone need more than 150 HP to drive to and from work?

3) A car capable of a top speed in excess of 85 MPH. 85 MPH is the highest speed limit in the United States, thus no one needs to go over 85 MPH.

4) Any aftermarket additions that could cause the car to be in violation of any of the above - superchargers, turbochargers, NOS, exhausts, ECU flashes, etc., etc.

Of course, car is a generic term that will also include trucks and motorcycles. And, of course, police will still have their regular cars so they can more easily enforce traffic laws.

(Westmoreland County)

You can make chlorate explosives from swimming pool HTH. If someone dies of brain amoeba infection because we banned hypochloride, sometimes doing good has its collateral damage, right?

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Solaran_X View Post
    We can't ban ALL cars...but we can still ban types of cars (just like politicians are trying to ban types of guns).

I move we create a list of features that would have a car be designated as an "assault vehicle" and ban new sales of them. Existing cars will be grandfathered. I propose the following features as ban-worthy:

1) A car with cylinders in excess of four. Why does anyone need anything more than a four cylinder? Those V6s, V8s, and V10s are unnecessary.

2) A car with more than 150 HP. Why does anyone need more than 150 HP to drive to and from work?

3) A car capable of a top speed in excess of 85 MPH. 85 MPH is the highest speed limit in the United States, thus no one needs to go over 85 MPH.

4) Any aftermarket additions that could cause the car to be in violation of any of the above - superchargers, turbochargers, NOS, exhausts, ECU flashes, etc., etc.

Of course, car is a generic term that will also include trucks and motorcycles. And, of course, police will still have their regular cars so they can more easily enforce traffic laws.

I think it was Gerald Ford's or Jimmy Carter's head of the Consumer Product Safety Commission who wanted all US cars to flash their lights and honk their horns if the speed exceeded 55 miles per hour.

They also wanted to rig all semi-auto firearms with a combination lock that set itself each time that you fired a shot.

(York County)

I purpose that we ban automobiles. To save the children.
    Lower your expectations to zero and you'll never be disappointed.

(Bucks County)

This whole think of the children mentality annoys the crap out of me.

I respect people and whatever decisions they want to make. Those are between them and their families and I have no business worrying about it on any decision. Where I get annoyed is when it starts to effect me.

This whole pacification of the country to please a bunch of lazy, irresponsible parents is ridiculous. I get as a parent you want to protect your kids and I get that you want them to be safe at all times even when you are not there.

But your wants and desires do not trump my rights.

When I was growing up (and that wasn't that long ago) we used to play outside run around the neighborhood etc. Now parents won't even let their kids leave the house. Parents buy and own a firearm but then secret it away and never teach their kids how dangerous it actually is. Then they whine when then kid finds it and shoots themselves or a friend about how guns need more safety measures on them to stop it.

If you taught your kids that guns were real and that they could kill then the kid will know not to mess with it just like they know not to play with the stove or oven with fire fire because we tell them its dangerous.

The Newtown shooting was terrible and I don't know if anything would have stopped it but its part of this growing mental instability issue we have and probably the over medication of society. But instead we get a bunch of vocal parents wanting to crap all over other people's rights because "Think of the children! I want my kids to be safe etc"

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by tlnzz1 View Post
    I purpose that we ban automobiles. To save the children.
    We don't need to ban automobiles, just children riding *IN* automobiles, or getting within 20 feet of a road on which automobiles travel.
    We could also allow children to ride in automobiles, but impose a national 20 mph speed limit.
    Either of these actions would save a huge number of childrens lives.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by redturbo0 View Post
    yea.... no... People have tried this method, sheep don't even seen to care, they can't comprehend the analogy.
    It's not an analogy. If this is going to be our standard for limiting freedoms in this country, then we need to ban home swimming pools.
    There are other things to ban too (kids in cars, most cleaning products, etc...), but pools are the easiest with the biggest payback in child lives saved.

(Philadelphia County)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast