Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Stop Selling Assault Weapons - Good Grief

My GGG Grandpappy,front row (20th NC, Co. F.) and Family Circa 1900.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Stop Selling Assault Weapons - Good Grief

"We are here today to deliver almost 300,000 signatures," Mercurio told him, "voices from all over the country that are here to ask Wal-Mart to stop selling assault rifles and assault weapons in their store."

During the brief encounter, Haas told Ruggieri she shops at Wal-Mart and wants the retailer to play an active role in curbing violence.

"Our communities deserve to be safe from gun violence, and we want Wal-Mart to partner with us," she said.

WTF is everyone's fixation with assault rifles??? I'll bet 95% of these people don't even know what an assault rifle is.
    Do they honestly think that banning the sale of one type of "sporting carbine" will curb gun violence of the VA Tech/Sandy Hook genre? I mean seriously, does it really make people feel safer to have a rifle that they deem to be an "assault rifle" off the shelves? Are they not aware that there are hundreds of other firearms?

Am I the only one who feels like I've fallen into some alternate universe where all logic has been suspended?

(Washington County)

You are not alone, my friend. The people who scream bloody murder about these guns wouldn't think twice about banning a Ruger mini 14 Ranch carbine.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by photoshooter View Post
    "We are here today to deliver almost 300,000 signatures," Mercurio told him, "voices from all over the country that are here to ask Wal-Mart to stop selling assault rifles and assault weapons in their store."

During the brief encounter, Haas told Ruggieri she shops at Wal-Mart and wants the retailer to play an active role in curbing violence.

"Our communities deserve to be safe from gun violence, and we want Wal-Mart to partner with us," she said.

WTF is everyone's fixation with assault rifles??? I'll bet 95% of these people don't even know what an assault rifle is.
    Do they honestly think that banning the sale of one type of "sporting carbine" will curb gun violence of the VA Tech/Sandy Hook genre? I mean seriously, does it really make people feel safer to have a rifle that they deem to be an "assault rifle" off the shelves? Are they not aware that there are hundreds of other firearms?

Am I the only one who feels like I've fallen into some alternate universe where all logic has been suspended?
    Why should wally world cave to the same elitists that have in the past ridiculed wallmart and the people that have shopped there? In the end, I do not believe wallmart will cave. If they are not selling such firearms or even ammo at this point in time, it is because that these items are not available due to over buying by the public. Wallmart public relations could say what they want, but when the smoke clears, the stores that still sell firearms and ammo will continue doing same. They are not in business to lose sales or aggravate their customer base.