Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Gun Control and the Patriot Act

Please excuse, correct and expand upon my crude analysis:

Part A: The USA PATRIOT Act essentially enables the Federal government to circumvent the 4th Ammendment in order to investigate and detain without trial any SUSPECTED "terrorists," including American citizens.

Part B: Those who resist and/or disregard any Federal gun legislation could very well be deemed as "domestic terrorists"

Anyone afraid of what happens when you mix A with B?

I remember very clearly my initial reaction to the "Patriot" act- I am not immediately afraid of what the current administration WILL do with such power, but am afraid of giving that kind of power out not knowing how it will be used in the future. Clearly, the future is here.

Discuss.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Gun Control and the Patriot Act

What do you think all those FEMA camps around the country are for? Three of them are in PA...

There over 800 prison camps in the United States, all fully operational and ready to receive prisoners. They are all staffed and even surrounded by full-time guards, but they are all empty. These camps are to be operated by FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) should Martial Law need to be implemented in the United States and all it would take is a presidential signature on a proclamation and the attorney general's signature on a warrant to which a list of names is attached. Ask yourself if you really want to be on Ashcroft's list.

PENNSYLVANIA
    Allenwood - Federal prison camp located south of Williamsport on the Susquehanna River. It has a current inmate population of 300, and is identified by William Pabst as having a capacity in excess of 15,000 on 400 acres.
    Indiantown Gap Military Reservation - located north of Harrisburg. Used for WWII POW camp and renovated by Jimmy Carter. Was used to hold Cubans during Mariel boat lift.
    Camp Hill - State prison close to Army depot. Lots of room, located in Camp Hill, Pa. New Cumberland Army Depot - on the Susquehanna River, located off Interstate 83 and Interstate 76.
    Schuylkill Haven - Federal prison camp, north of Reading.
    Last edited by sigsauer357; January 15th, 2013 at 08:33 PM.

(Lehigh County)

Waco, but legalised

(Bucks County)

And a lot of people cheered the Patriot Act, since it would be going after those "brown people" and all...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by hawk87 View Post
    And a lot of people cheered the Patriot Act, since it would be going after those "brown people" and all...
    +1

Its high time to start calling out ALL of the abuses of the Constitution.

Podcaster, Dan Carlin (check out "Common Sense") called this gradual weakening of constitutional respect and loading of power into the executive branch, a "loaded gun". You're guy might not choose to finally pull trigger, but next guy might, with the right conditions.

The loaded gun is all of elements necessary to shut down a free society.

It happens all the time, all over the world. Its just never happened here.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by firebird.77 View Post
    Please excuse, correct and expand upon my crude analysis:

Part A: The USA PATRIOT Act essentially enables the Federal government to circumvent the 4th Ammendment in order to investigate and detain without trial any SUSPECTED "terrorists," including American citizens.

Part B: Those who resist and/or disregard any Federal gun legislation could very well be deemed as "domestic terrorists"

Anyone afraid of what happens when you mix A with B?

I remember very clearly my initial reaction to the "Patriot" act- I am not immediately afraid of what the current administration WILL do with such power, but am afraid of giving that kind of power out not knowing how it will be used in the future. Clearly, the future is here.

Discuss.

I don't agree that the "future is here".

If Mr. Obama felt that he could handle this with the PATRIOT Act and the NDAA (or whatever it's called) he could have done this the day after the Newtown shootings.

He did not need to gin this all up. "Stroke of the pen law of the land". He already has this authority, yes?

Obama knows that he is going to get some resistance. He knows that the larger the resistance the less successful his campaign could be.

The NRA has expanded its membership by 125,000 people in the last few weeks.

The US population has bought enough firearms (or at least run enough NICS checks) to arm the Chinese and Indian armies in TWO MONTHS.

Do you propose that the Government is going to take the people who have disposable income, who are law abiding (since they passed the NICS checks) and who are armed and toss even a portion of them into camps?

Obama's backers, his supporters..... are going to let him pull this kind of an irrational self defeating bone headed stunt?

There are things that people do when they are desperate or planning bad things. I don't see Obama doing any of them.

I see him playing politics and Alinski style "shock and awe". Like Cuomo did in New York State.

I don't see it going too far.

If we end up dead or in camps, well, at least the companionship in Heaven or the camps will be interesting people.

Every power a government has WILL be abused and misused. It is an inevitable and immutable law of human nature.

That's why giving any government that kind of power is appalling. The Patriot Act was always going to be used against Americans, possibly for political reasons - which they'll call national security reasons of course. It's only a question of when, as it was since the beginning. Mr. "Hope and Change" didn't change a damn thing. As a matter of policies, programs, and practices, this is like the 4th term of GW Bush.