Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Warren County)

Default Re: Fingerprinting for Florida License???

I had mine done by the Pottstown police for my Florida non-resident. No trouble what so ever.

Quote Originally Posted by thaghost87 View Post
    Ok so I know fingerprints are needed for the application process but where to get the fingerprints? I am being told the PPD will not fingerprint you for a FL license and I called two different state police locations and they won't do it either. Anyone have a FL... where did you obtain your fingerprints?
    Tim , USAF Ret.

Another option is get your Arizona ccw. Printing does not have to be done by leo

had mine done in NJ when I lived there for a FL license.. they were not bothered by it at all..

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    $20 to do prints? Sounds kind of high.

Here ya go .. Right from the Bensalem Police Website ....

We offer finger printing for non-criminal purposes on Wednesdays between 9:00am-11:00am, the $20 fee for finger printing is payable by check or money order only made out to "Bensalem Township" only. If you have any other questions feel free to contact us and we help to the best of our abilities.

Brian

(Butler County)

Mercer county PA State Police did it for me when I was applying for my Utah license to carry. Polite, curtious, and very helpful.

We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. Winston Churchill........

Thanks everyone. I watched the video for the Personal Defense Course and they have an officer there doing prints. Literally a one stop shop

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by thaghost87 View Post
    Ok so I know fingerprints are needed for the application process but where to get the fingerprints? I am being told the PPD will not fingerprint you for a FL license and I called two different state police locations and they won't do it either. Anyone have a FL... where did you obtain your fingerprints?
    There's a shooting range called Double Action in Yeadon. It's near the Holy Cross Cemetery. Since you're in delaware county it's close by.
    They hold a course every couple of months for about a hundred bucks which includes the required safety class, firing 100 rounds, required paperwork package and fingerprinting done right on the spot. All you have to do afterwards is obtain a passport photo and complete the application.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamltnblue View Post
    There's a shooting range called Double Action in Yeadon. It's near the Holy Cross Cemetery. Since you're in delaware county it's close by.
    They hold a course every couple of months for about a hundred bucks which includes the required safety class, firing 100 rounds, required paperwork package and fingerprinting done right on the spot. All you have to do afterwards is obtain a passport photo and complete the application.
    Thanks. I've actually been there. Do you know which company or who holds the class by any chance?

(Delaware County)

Double action holds it.
    He brings in a trainer and a police fingerprinter.

Quote Originally Posted by inrem View Post
    Wherever you get it done, write in the address of the fingerprinting PD on the back upper portion of the card (even if it is already written in on the front of the card), or the print card very likely WILL be rejected by Florida.
    This.

I'm not sure they'll accept it if the wrong area is filled in. Read the instructions VERY carefully, because they tell you (somewhere in there) where the officer has to sign, and when I last renewed my FL permit I wasn't paying attention and the officer signed where he normally would. And my renewal was rejected. They sent me a new BLANK card and told me to do it over. I had to be very apologetic and humble to get a Mulligan.

And you MUST use the card Florida sends you. If the card gets messed up, the LEO can't substitute a new one from hs own pile -- it MUST be the one Florida sends.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast