Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Response from Rep. Fitzpatrick

He needs to just come out say "shall not be infringed", but the following seems to at least signal he might support our 2nd amendment rights, we'll see:

"Thank you for contacting me regarding your opposition to new gun control measures. I appreciate learning your views on this issue and welcome the opportunity to respond.

On December 14, 2012, our nation experienced an unspeakable tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut. Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims of this terrible tragedy and with their families.

Now is the time to pause and reflect as to how we can prevent such events in the future. In the coming weeks, I look forward to working with members of both parties as we consider ways to prevent these dreadful acts. We need to take a deliberate, bipartisan approach and investigate each and every possible option to keep our children safe.

As part of this approach, I believe that we must insist upon a zero tolerance policy with regard to the sale of guns to violent criminals and the mentally unstable. We also need to continue to support local law enforcement efforts to crack down on illegal sales and the illegal use of firearms while respecting the constitutional rights of law abiding, responsible gun owners.

Additionally, we must take a broader look at our culture and society's attitudes towards mental health. Our nation has borne witness to the unimaginable acts of violence that truly deranged individuals are capable of inflicting. We must examine all the factors that lead a mentally unstable individual to the point of violence and work to prevent it.

The tragedy in Newtown is a moment for self-reflection throughout our country. We should be examining laws and policies that can prevent these acts from happening. As we consider all options, we cannot allow ourselves to be lulled into a false sense of security by assuming that violent, deranged people will abide by the law. The factors that lead to violence are many and it will require a comprehensive approach to prevent them.

Again, thank you for contacting me. If you have further questions, or need assistance in another matter, please call my office at 202-225-4276."

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Response from Rep. Fitzpatrick

I like it. He has a focus on the mental health issue - which is the true base issue in all mass shootings, except Ft Hood.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

A reasonable read, especially for Democratic Bucks County. On a different note, the word "unspeakable" has lost its meaning in today's culture.
    ...and they have a plan...

(Bucks County)

I recieved that as well today. About as good as can be expected, but I am going to write back to press on specifically how he would vote on an "assault weapons" ban, and magazine restricitions. I'll probably get another form letter back...

(Armstrong County)

Also ask him if he would support a repeal of the Gun Free School Zones and firearm training and the ability for teachers and staff to carry in schools!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hawk87 View Post
    I recieved that as well today. About as good as can be expected, but I am going to write back to press on specifically how he would vote on an "assault weapons" ban, and magazine restricitions. I'll probably get another form letter back...
    I'll bet he doesn't like either

Ed
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by hawk87 View Post
    You might call or stop by his office.

I've talked to him in person before and found him to be very respectful. He listened and gave me about a half hour of his time.